- Course participants
Deputy Project Director: Project Sukshema (Maternal Neonatal and Child health Project), Karnataka health Promotion Trust (University of Manitoba programs in India)
Associate Professor: Infectious diseases, St John’s Research Institute, St Johns’ academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore India
Participant to the Training Course in Sexual Health Research - Geneva
Karnataka Health Promotion Trust, IT Park, 5th floor, No 1-4, Rajajinagar Industrial Area,
Behind KSSSIDC Adminstrative Office, Rajajinagar, Bangalore-560044.
Ph: +91-80-40400200. Extension: 250; Fax: +91-80-40400300
Brief professional profile
- Demonstrated skills in designing and implementing Quantitative and Qualitative Research studies in the areas of HIV, TB, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Mother, Newborn and Child Health.
- Demonstrated skills in designing, implementing and monitoring public health programs in the areas of HIV, TB, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Mother, Newborn and Child Health.
- Demonstrated skills as a Trainer in various research and program components.
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating HIV Prevention, Care and Support/ Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
Education and Professional training
|Professional Training / Qualification
||University / Country
|MD in Community Medicine (Public health)
||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. India
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
||J. S. S. Medical college and Hospital, Mysore University, Mysore, India
|Training in Research Methodologies in Sexual and Reproductive Health
||Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research and WHO, Geneva
|Post doctoral fellow with CIHR International Infectious disease and Global Health Training Program
||University of Manitoba, Canada
- Training in Research Methodology in Sexual and Reproductive Health at Geneva organized by World Health Organization and Geneva foundation for Medical Education and Research. This was a fully sponsored workshop during February-March 2007.
- OAR Grantsmanship workshop for Junior level and New Investigators organized by US Department of Health and Human Services and National Institute of Health at New Delhi, India in February 2008.
- Karnataka Association of Community Health (KACH)(K-0709)
- Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
- Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER)
Peer reviewed journals:
- K Jayanna, R G Washington, K H Prakash, S Isaac, S Moses, P S Balu, S Badiger, V Mendonca; Assessment of attitudes and practices of providers of care services for individuals at high risk of HIV and sexually transmitted infections in Karnataka, South India. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2009.
- S. Mishra, B. Naik, B. Venugopal, P. Kudur, R. Washington, M. Becker, J. Kenneth, K. Jayanna, B.M. Ramesh, S. Isac, M-C. Boily, J Blanchard, S.Moses; Evaluation of point-of-care syphilis screening among female sex workers in Bangalore, India. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2009.
- K Jayanna, R G Washington, K H Prakash, M Shetye, S Moses K, B M Ramesh, J Blanchard; Scaling Up HIV Services: Experiences from Karnataka in South India. Population, Gender and Health In India: Methods, Processes and Policies. 2010.
- J Rose, R Washington, K Jayanna, G Pise, S Moses, V Gurnani, M Perumpli; Morbidity Profile of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Urban and Rural Care Settings in Karnataka, India.(Submitted to Journal of International Association of Physicians in AIDS care).
- Buzdugan, Raluca, Shiva S. Halli, Jyoti M. Hiremath, J Krishnamurthy, Stephen Moses, James Blanchard and Frances Cowan: The female sex work industry and associated HIV risk in a district in Karnataka, India. (Submitted to AIDS and Behaviour).
Peer reviewed conference journals:
- N Gaonkar, H S Sheela, K Jayanna; Knowledge Attitude and Practice of women towards menstrual hygiene in the urban slum of UFWC, Siddaiah road, Bangalore medical college. Published in the 30th Annual conference of IAPSM journal, February 2003.
- K Jayanna; Nutritional status of tribal population in drought hit areas of Rajasthan. Published in the 31st annual conference of IAPSM journal, February 2004.
- S Krishna, K Jayanna; Needs Assessment in Tsunami disaster affected villages of Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu. Published in the Karnataka Association of Community Health Journal, February 2005 edition.
- K Jayanna, R G Washington; Assessment of Care and Support centers in Karnataka. A report for Project Samastha, USAID supported HIV care and support project.
- K Jayanna, RG Washington; Assessment of Quality of services in the STI clinics of KHPT implemented Targeted Intervention project in Karnataka.
- K Jayanna, R G Washington, K H Prakash, S Moses; Scaling up HIV Services in S India. Journal of Indian Association for Study of Population, October 2008.
- K Jayanna R G Washington, V Gurnani, G Pise, A Das, B M Ramesh; Integrating Positive Prevention and Care for People Living with HIV – Experiences from South India, August 2009.
Print this page
Edited by Aldo Campana,