Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2012 - List of participants - GFMER members pages
Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
Shital Bhandary, MSc in Statistics, MPhil in Demography
Assistant Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal
Coordinator, Examination Committee
Mr. Shital Bhandary is the founding faculty of the Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS), Nepal. He has obtained Masters in Science in Statistics from Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu, Nepal and Masters in Philosophy in Demography from El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Tijuana, Mexico. He was FAIMER fellow (Medical Education and Research) from 2008-2010 and faculty from 2011 onwards at PSG FAIMER Regional Institute, Coimbatore, India. He is currently the Coordinator of Examination and Assistant Professor of Public Health and Medical Education at PAHS.
Mr. Bhandary has a keen interest in the sexual and reproductive health issues. He has conducted various studies for government and non-government agencies on reproductive health in Nepal.
Publications in journals
- Bhandary S, Shrestha A. Prevalence of Anemia among pregnant and non-pregnant women in Nepal. JGPEMN 2 (1): 21 – 26, 2011.
- Upadhyay S, Bhandary S, Ghimire SR. Validating a problem-based learning process assessment tool. Medical Education 45(11): 1151-52, Nov 2011.
- Maharjan BR, Bhandary S, Risal P, Sedhain A, Shakya PR, Gautam M. Microalbuminuria and Macroalbuminuria in Type 2 Diabetes, J Nepal Health Res Counc, 8 (17): 110 – 15, 2010.
- Dongre AR, Chacko TV, Babu S, Bhandary S, Sahasrabudhe RA, Philip S, Deshmukh PR. On-line Capacity-Building Program on “Analysis of Data” for Medical Educators in the South Asia Region: A Qualitative Exploration of our Experience, Education for Health, 23 (3): 2010.
- Maharjan BR, Shakya PR, Bhandary S. Screening of diabetes in a local population of Patan, Nepal, JGPEMN, 1(1): 30 – 34, 2010
- Shreshta, I, Sunuwar, L, Bhandary S, Sharma P. Correlation between gestational weight gain and birth weight in infants, Nepal Medical College Journal, 12 (2): 106 – 109, 2010.
- Shah, A, S. Bhandary, S. Mallik, P Risal and R Koju. Waist circumference and waist-hip circumference as predictors of type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Nepalese population of Kavre District , Nepal Medical College Journal, 11 (4): 261 – 267, 2009.
- Singh, R, S. Bhandary and K. Pun. Peripheral Intravenous catheter related phlebitis and its contributing factors among adult population at KU Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 6 (4): 443 – 7, 2008.
- Shah, A., S. Bhandary and S. Mallik. Appropriate Body Mass Index cut-off point in relation to type 2 diabetes mellitus in the population of Kavre district, Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 6 (2): 184 – 90, 2008.
- Shakya, SR, Bhandary S, Pokharel P.K. Nutritional Status and Morbidity Pattern among Governmental Primary School Children in the Eastern Nepal, Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 2 (4): 307-314, 2004.
- Bhandary, S. Fertility Decline in the Urban Areas of Nepal: An Illustrative Analysis, Nepal Population Journal, 11 (10), 45 – 66, 2004.
Print this page
Edited by Aldo Campana,