Consanguineous marriages. Trends, impact on health and counseling
December 4, 2015 - GenevaHamamy H. Consanguineous marriages. Trends, impact on health and counseling - Hanan Hamamy. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2015 Dec 4; Geneva.
Relevant online documents
- Bittles AH, Black ML. Evolution in health and medicine Sackler colloquium: Consanguinity, human evolution, and complex diseases. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2010 Jan 26;107 Suppl 11779-86.
- Tadmouri GO, Nair P, Obeid T, Al Ali MT, Al Khaja N, Hamamy HA. Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs. Reprod Health. 2009;617.
- Al-Gazali L, Hamamy H, Al-Arrayad S. Genetic disorders in the Arab world. BMJ. 2006 Oct 21;333(7573):831-4.
- Hamamy H, Alwan A. Hereditary disorders in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Bull. World Health Organ. 1994;72(1):145-54.
- Shami SA, Schmitt LH, Bittles AH. Consanguinity related prenatal and postnatal mortality of the populations of seven Pakistani Punjab cities. J. Med. Genet. 1989 Apr;26(4):267-71.
- Devi AR, Rao NA, Bittles AH. Inbreeding and the incidence of childhood genetic disorders in Karnataka, South India. J. Med. Genet. 1987 Jun;24(6):362-5.