Ayşe Nilüfer Özaydın
GFMER Coordinator for Turkey
Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayşe Nilüfer Özaydın
Department of Public Health, Marmara University School of Medicine, Turkey
Completed university degree, master's and doctoral education at Hacettepe University. Is a Doctor of Medicine, specialist in Public Health Science and Public Health doctor.
Received training from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in 1993 and '94 epidemiology and statistics, and program management in immunization.
Completed training in "International Relations of the European Union Specialist", in ATAUM (European Community Research and Application Center) in 2000-2001.
Worked as a primary care physician in health centers affiliated to the Ministry of Health, the provincial health directorates in charge of the provincial vaccination, and as the Ministry of Health General Directorate of MCH-FP branch of the Women's Health Reproductive Health.
Conducting Postgraduate Biostatistics and Decision Making course in Health Care Management, Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics Master's Degree programs of Okan University Department of Health Sciences since 2012 and Public Health courses in Cyprus Near East University Faculty of Medicine.
Served as an adviser on various topics in the field of Reproductive Health for the Ministry of Health General Directorate of Mother Child Health and Family Planning, attended as a writer and lecturer to the preparation of curriculum of national reproductive health for the Faculties of Medicine on a national level, family planning counseling trainings, and adolescents trainings.
Currently a member of Public Health Professionals Association (HASUDER), Istanbul Medical Chamber (ITO), Medical Education Development Association (TEGED), Marmara Medical Education and Research Association (MARSEV), Breast Health Association (MEMEDER), Society for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CYBHODER), AIDS Prevention Society (ASD) and the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health (ESC). Also a member of the directory board of Breast Health Association.
Priority areas of interest are reproductive health, family planning, breast cancer epidemiology, biostatistics, communication and adult education.
Currently working as a lecturer in the Marmara University School of Medicine in Public Health department since 2001.
Useful links and documents from Turkey
- The Report of Health in Turkey. 2012. Turkish Society of Public Health Specialists.
- The Ministry of Health Of Turkey Health Statistics Yearbook 2011. Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health General Directorate of Health Research, 2012.
- Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies (2010) Summary Indicator: Turkey Demographic and Health Surveys 1993, 1998, 2003 and 2008.
- Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies (2009) Turkey Demographic and Health Survey, 2008. Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies, Ministry of Health General Directorate of Mother and Child Health and Family Planning, T.R.Prime Ministry Undersecretary of State Planning Organization and TÜBİTAK, Ankara, Turkey.
- Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies (2009) National Research on Domestic Violence Against Women in Turkey, 2009. Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies, T.R. Minister of State.
- Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies (2005) Turkey National Maternal Mortality Study. Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies.Reproductive Health Programme, Ministry of Health General Directorate of Mother and Child Health and Family Planning.
- Women Friendly Cities 2010. The United Nations Joint Program to Protect and Promote The Human Rights of Women and Girls Turkey.
- 2007 Turkey Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health Survey. UNFPA, 2007. Ankara.
- Understanding The Problem of Incest in Turkey. June 2009. Ankara.
- Combating Domestic Violence Against Women. National Action Plan 2007 – 2010. Republic Of Türkiye Prime Ministry Directorate General on the Status of Women.
- The Dynamics of Honor Killing in Turkey. UNFPA, 2005, Ankara.
- Turkey Burden of Disease Study. 2006.
- The T.R. of Ministry of Health e-library
- Turkish Statistical Institute
- Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Results of Turkey.
- Turkish Journal of Public Health
- UNFPA Turkey
- WHO | Turkey
- International Children Center (ICC) Turkey
- UNICEF Turkey
- The Breast Health Society