Robert J Norman, MD, FRANZCOG, FRCPA, FRCOG, CREI
Director of Robinson Institute, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Professor of Reproductive & Periconceptual Medicine
Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Subspecialist in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
Robert Norman holds a personal chair as Professor for Reproductive and Periconceptual Medicine at The University of Adelaide in South Australia and is a subspecialist in reproductive medicine (CREI) and in endocrine biochemistry (FRCPA). He is Director of the Robinson Institute at The University of Adelaide, a collection of over 450 researchers in reproductive health and regenerative medicine. He has published 350 peer-reviewed publications and one book. He serves on the editorial board of major national and international journals. His major research contributions have been in IVF and reproductive endocrinology, particularly in PCOS, the effect of lifestyle on reproductive outcomes and periconception medicine. He is an active reproductive medicine specialist. He serves on the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council’s research and embryo licensing committees. He is President of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (Aspire) and past President of the Androgen Excess PCOS Society.
Ten most recent publications
- Moran LJ, Noakes M, Wittert GA, Clifton PM, Norman RJ. ‘Weight loss and vascular inflammatory markers in overweight women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome’, Reprod Biomed Online. 2012 Jul 26.
- Sullivan EA, Wang YA, Hayward I, Chambers GM, Illingworth P, McBain J, Norman RJ. ‘Single embryo transfer reduces the risk of perinatal mortality, a population study’, Hum Reprod. 2012 Sep 17.
- Misso ML, Costello MF, Garrubba M, Wong J, Hart R, Rombauts L, Melder AM, Norman RJ, Teede HJ. ‘Metformin versus clomiphene citrate for infertility in non-obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis’, Hum Reprod Update. 2012 Sep 6.
- Misso ML, Teede HJ, Hart R, Wong J, Rombauts L, Melder AM, Norman RJ, Costello MF. ‘Status of clomiphene citrate and metformin for infertility in PCOS’, Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Aug 28.
- Dunning KR, Watson LN, Sharkey DJ, Brown HM, Norman RJ, Thompson JG, Robker RL, Russell DL. ‘Molecular Filtration Properties of the Mouse Expanded Cumulus Matrix: Controlled Supply of Metabolites and Extracellular Signals to Cumulus Cells and the Oocyte’, Biol Reprod. 2012 Jul 25.
- Lim SS, Davies MJ, Norman RJ, Moran LJ. ‘Overweight, obesity and central obesity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis’, Hum Reprod Update. 2012 Jul 4.
- Joham AE, Teede HJ, Norman RJ. ‘Polycystic ovary syndrome: what do the new guidelines recommend?’, Medicine Today 2012; 13(5): 58-63.
- Yang X, Wu LL, Chura LR, Liang X, Lane M, Norman RJ, Robker RL. ‘Exposure to lipid-rich follicular fluid is associated with endoplasmic reticulum stress and impaired oocyte maturation in cumulus-oocyte complexes’, Fertil Steril. 2012 Jun;97(6):1438-43.
- Thomson RL, Brinkworth GD, Noakes M, Clifton PM, Norman RJ, Buckley JD. ‘The effect of diet and exercise on markers of endothelial function in overweight and obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome’, Hum Reprod. 2012 May 2.
- Norman RJ. ‘Does ovulation induction with follicle-stimulating hormone still have a future in polycystic ovary syndrome?’, Fertil Steril. 2012 May 8.