Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2010
Community genetics module - Part 2
- Genetic counseling - Hanan Hamamy
- Ethical issues in medical genetics and genetic services - Hanan Hamamy
- Consanguineous marriages. Trends, impact on reproductive health and research priorities - Hanan Hamamy
- Basic concepts in dysmorphology - Samia Temtamy, Mona Aglan
- Principles of population genetics - Leo P ten Kate
- Periconception care and primary prevention of neural-tube defects and other congenital abnormalities by periconceptional folic acid/ multivitamin supplementation - Andrew Czeizel
Evaluation will be through a set of questions that will be sent to participants on the 17th of October, which should be completed and the answers sent back on the 19th of October.
- References that are posted as relevant documents for the presentations.
- WHO documents on ethical issues and genetic services.
For specific disorders and terminology:
- Access OMIM on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/omim.
- geneclinics at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/GeneTests/review?db=genetests.
- The same site has an illustrated glossary to search for a specific term accessed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=glossary.