Oluyemi Peter Atibioke
Association for Reproductive and Family Health, Ibadan, Nigeria
Oluyemi Peter Atibioke, PhD in Clinical Psychology
Programme Officer, Association for Reproductive and Family Health, Ibadan, Nigeria
My name is ATIBIOKE Oluyemi Peter. I attended University of Ibadan where I obtained my first and second degrees in Counselling Psychology and Clinical Psychology respectively.
I began my professional career with the University College Hospital, Ibadan where I worked in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) as Clinical Psychologist and Adherence Counsellor. During this period, I worked extensively on improving the Psychological states of People Living with HIV and AIDS and there were lots of landmark achievements which made the institution realised the importance of clinical Psychologists as an important team in medical practice. I also worked relentlessly on unravelling the psychosocial factors that inhibit PLWHAs from adhering to medication regimen which constituted the bulk of the problems faced by the Clinic. Several factors were identified and the recommendations make were adapted to a great extent.
I joined my current Organization, ASSOCIATION FOR REPRODUCTIVE AND FAMILY HEALTH (ARFH) in August 2009 as a programme officer and have been doing a lot in the following areas; Reproductive health programs design and implementation, Develop innovative and fundable proposals, Planning and execution of reproductive health training programs, Reproductive health BCC/IEC material development and review, Development of different Reproductive Health/Family planning curriculum, Conduct monitoring, supervision and evaluation of Reproductive Health program activities and perform advocacy and image making responsibilities to different stakeholders.
I am currently a Ph.D student in Clinical/Health Psychology, Department of Psychology University of Ibadan. My research interest is: Influence of Psychosocial and Demographic factors on Adherence to medication among People Living with HIV and AIDS and the Efficacy of Psychological interventions on adherence and treatment response.
My previous Research works are:
- Psychosocial Factors Predicting Alcohol Dependence Among Commercial Drivers And Okada Riders In Ibadan Metropolis. A research Project submitted to the Department of Psychology, University of Ibadan. (Unpublished) April, 2008
- Influence of Corporate Organization Wellness on Workers Morale and Productivity in Banking Industry. A research Project Submitted to the Department of Counselling, University of Ibadan. (Unpublished)
I was enthusiastic about this course because of the opportunity to increase my knowledge in Reproductive Health, since the Reproductive Health indicators in Nigeria is still very poor. There is the need for manpower development who can contribute meaningfully to the improvement of Reproductive Health needs of the country especially if we are to meet the MDGs by 2015.
- Oluyemi Peter Atibioke - Adolescent pregnancy - Assignment
- Oluyemi Peter Atibioke - Evidence based approaches to health service provision to adolescents - Assignment
- Oluyemi Peter Atibioke - Evidence based approaches to sexuality education for adolescents - Assignment