Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia
Lackson Kasonka, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and Honorary Lecturer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia
- Dahlbäck E, Maimbolwa M, Yamba CB, Kasonka L, Bergström S, Ransjö-Arvidson A. Pregnancy loss: spontaneous and induced abortions among young women in Lusaka, Zambia. Cult Health Sex. 2010 Apr;12(3):247-262.
- Kasonka L, Filteau S. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2009;639291-298.
- Owino VO, Kasonka LM, Sinkala MM, Wells JK, Eaton S, Darch T, Coward A, Tomkins AM, Filteau SM. Fortified complementary foods with or without alpha-amylase treatment increase hemoglobin but do not reduce breast milk intake of 9-mo-old Zambian infants. Am. J. Clin. Nutr [Internet]. 2007 Oct [cited 2010 Apr 27];86(4):1094-1103. Available from: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/86/4/1094
- Dahlbäck E, Maimbolwa M, Kasonka L, Bergström S, Ransjö-Arvidson A. Unsafe induced abortions among adolescent girls in Lusaka. Health Care Women Int. 2007 Aug;28(7):654-676.
- Makasa M, Kasonka L, Chisenga M, Sinkala M, Chintu C, Tomkins A, Filteau S. Early growth of infants of HIV-infected and uninfected Zambian women. Trop. Med. Int. Health [Internet]. 2007 May [cited 2010 Apr 27];12(5):594-602. Available from: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/118506987/HTMLSTART
- Collin SM, Chisenga MM, Kasonka L, Haworth A, Young C, Filteau S, Murray SF. Factors associated with postpartum physical and mental morbidity among women with known HIV status in Lusaka, Zambia. AIDS Care. 2006 Oct;18(7):812-820.
- Kasonka L, Makasa M, Marshall T, Chisenga M, Sinkala M, Chintu C, Kaseba C, Kasolo F, Gitau R, Tomkins A, Murray S, Filteau S. Risk factors for subclinical mastitis among HIV-infected and uninfected women in Lusaka, Zambia. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2006 Sep;20(5):379-391.
- Phiri W, Kasonka L, Collin S, Makasa M, Sinkala M, Chintu C, Kasolo F, Kaseba C, Tomkins AM, Filteau SM. Factors influencing breast milk HIV RNA viral load among Zambian women. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses. 2006 Jul;22(7):607-614.
- Gitau R, Makasa M, Kasonka L, Sinkala M, Chintu C, Tomkins A, Filteau S. Maternal micronutrient status and decreased growth of Zambian infants born during and after the maize price increases resulting from the southern African drought of 2001-2002. Public Health Nutr. 2005 Oct;8(7):837-843.
- Chisenga M, Kasonka L, Makasa M, Sinkala M, Chintu C, Kaseba C, Kasolo F, Tomkins A, Murray S, Filteau S. Factors affecting the duration of exclusive breastfeeding among HIV-infected and -uninfected women in Lusaka, Zambia. J Hum Lact. 2005 Aug;21(3):266-275.
- Smith E, Murray SF, Yousafzai AK, Kasonka L. Barriers to accessing safe motherhood and reproductive health services: the situation of women with disabilities in Lusaka, Zambia. Disabil Rehabil. 2004 Jan 21;26(2):121-127.