Kibwe Alphonse Simbi
Pediatric Hospital, Herat, Afghanistan
Kibwe Alphonse Simbi, MD, Pediatrician
Pediatrician and neonatologist in Support to The Pediatric Hospital in Herat, AISPO (Associazione Italiana per la Solidarietà tra i Popoli), Herat, Afghanistan
I come from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and studied medicine at the Padua University. After completing graduate, post graduate and advanced university studies in Italy and Belgium, I set off for several years working as pediatrician and neonatologist in Europe and Africa (DRC, Burundi, Tchad).
Professionally, I have contributed in improving health system especially in maternal and child field in Developing countries and implementing the capacity building of personal staff in collaboration with Italian Universities (Padua and Verona). I have authored or coauthored some publications.
With this personal experience I am fully persuaded that the time I spent in Europe and Africa will pay off in the anticipated quality of policy analysis and proposals we shall be able to engage in the near future. Currently I 'm working as pediatrician and neonatologist in support to the Paediatric Hospital in Herat (Afghanistan).
- Zanardo V, Simbi KA, Vedovato S, Trevisanuto D. The influence of timing of elective cesarean section on neonatal resuscitation risk. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2004 Nov;5(6):566-570.
- Zanardo V, Simbi AK, Savio V, Micaglio M, Trevisanuto D. Neonatal resuscitation by laryngeal mask airway after elective cesarean section. Fetal. Diagn. Ther. 2004 Jun;19(3):228-231.
- Zanardo V, Simbi AK, Franzoi M, Soldà G, Salvadori A, Trevisanuto D. Neonatal respiratory morbidity risk and mode of delivery at term: influence of timing of elective caesarean delivery. Acta Paediatr. 2004 May;93(5):643-647.
- Simbi KA, Secchieri S, Rinaldo M, Demi M, Zanardo V. In utero ductal closure following near-term maternal self-medication with nimesulide and acetaminophen. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002 Jul;22(4):440-441.
- Simbi KA, Talenti E, Demi M, Zanardo V. Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve: a case complicated by bilateral relapsing pneumothorax. Paediatr Anaesth. 2002 Jan;12(1):76-79.
- Zanardo V, Rizzo L, Trevisanuto D, Simbi KA, Golin R, Magarotto M, Marzari F. Serum enzyme activities in premature infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Fetal. Diagn. Ther. 1999 Dec;14(6):341-344.
- Medical schools, governments, ministries, medical associations : Afghanistan
- AISPO - Associazione Italiana Per la Solidarietà fra i popoli