Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology, Donetsk National Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
Anna Yermachenko, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology, Donetsk National Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
I, Anna Yermachenko, am 34 years-old doctor who is interested in Sexual and Reproductive Health. I am currently employed by Donetsk National Medical University (Ukraine).
I graduated in 1999 from the same university, with a master degree in General Medicine. During my studies, I took part in scientific research at my university and was awarded to George Soros Foundation as a young scientist. My main scientific interest was environmental hazards and pregnancy complications, which filled me with enthusiasm.
Driven with the passion for obstetrics and gynecology, I specialized in ob/gyn internship for a year and a half courses.
Upon graduation, I was employed in Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology as a lecturer. At the same time I began working in maternity hospital as gynecologist. I continued researching the environmental hazards issue and obtained the PhD degree. My scientific work was awarded with Grant of the Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers.
In my work, I am responsible for supervising the courses “Sexually transmitted infection” and “Antenatal care” for ob/gyn residents. I’m the responsible supervisor for maternal health in Makeevka city (0.5 million of inhabitants) with around 3000 labors per year. I’m working closely with local city public health administration and chief-doctors of maternity to conduct supervision, trainings and seminars for staff, data analysis and plan development.
- Yermachenko A. [Reproductive health of women who are working in coke-oven plants]. Vest. Gig Epid. 2002;6(2):52-54. Russian.
- Yermachenko A, Babenko O. [Efficacy of treatment woman reproductive tract inflammatory diseases by moxifloxacin and combination of ofloxacin and metronidazole] Probl Dostizh Persp Razv Med Biol Nauk. 2008:144(3):118 – 120. Russian
- Yermachenko A, Babenko O, Mogilevkina I. If psychological and hormonal status of women is affected by unintended pregnancy? Eur J of Reproductive Health Care.2010 May;15(1):61
- Anna Yermachenko - Adolescent pregnancy - Assignment
- Anna Yermachenko - Evidence based approaches to health service provision to adolescents - Assignment
- Anna Yermachenko - Evidence based approaches to sexuality education for adolescents - Assignment
- Anna Yermachenko - HIV/AIDS and young people - Assignment
- Anna Yermachenko - Introduction to adolescence and to adolescent health - Assignment
- The appraisal of the technical update “Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage by active management of third stage of labour” (2006) - Anna Yermachenko