Principles of population and demography
October 10, 2011 - Geneva
Ali M. Principles of population and demography. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2011 Oct 10; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2011/family-planning/Principles-population-demography-Moazzam-Ali-2011.htm
See also Principles of population and demography - Moazzam Ali (presentation with audio)
- Definitions of population, demography, and fertility
- Frameworks for family planning programmes
- MDG, RH Strategy, UNSG Strategy
- Indicators on family planning
- Contraceptive Prevalence
- Unmet need for FP
- Special target populations groups
- Research issues on population and family planning
- State of the national population, including most recent health statistics and trends.
- Identification of key target population groups and a description of their FP indicators.
Relevant online documents and resources
- Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat. World Population Prospects, the 2010 Revision.
- United Nations Secretary-General. Global Strategy for Women's and Children's Health. The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; 2010.
- WHO | Family planning