Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 2
Kirsten Vogelsong, Mario Festin
October 17, 2011 - Geneva
Vogelsong K, Festin M. Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 2. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2011 Oct 17; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2011/family-planning/Updates-contraceptive-technology-Part2-Vogelsong-Festin-2011.htm
- Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 2 - Mario Festin (presentation with audio)
- Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 1 - Kirsten Vogelsong, Mario Festin
- Combined oral contraceptives
- Progestin only pills
- Injectable contraceptives
- Hormonal implants
- Tubal ligation and vasectomy
- IUD (copper bearing and levonorgestrel IUS)
- Fertility awareness methods and LAM
- Barrier methods
- Emergency contraception
- New contraceptive technology
For each contraceptive method, the online presentation will include the following topics: mechanism of action, indicators of effectiveness, side effects, non-contraceptive benefits, eligibility criteria and interventions for certain problems during use.
- Description of available contraceptive methods in their country.
- Listing of barriers to contraceptive use.
Relevant online documents and resources
- Knowledge for Health—K4Health Project at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (Updated 2011 English Edition).
- WHO | Family planning