Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
I’m Dr Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem, working currently as an Assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women health centre, Assiut University. This centre serves both as a primary and referral centre for many patients in Upper Egypt. As in most developing countries, I have many responsibilities and duties. I have educational, clinical, research and surgical roles in my centre. As regards educational roles, I’m a tutor for undergraduate students and a lecturer for postgraduate students who will be specialists in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. I’m a clinician concerned with safe reproductive health and high risk pregnancy management. From the research point, I’m indulged in many aspects of research concerned mainly with maternal health, endometriosis and obstetric Ultrasonography. Also, I have participated in some Cochrane systematic reviews.
I was lucky enough at the start of my career to attend the respectable and comprehensive course around research methodology held in 2003 by GFMER. That course added much to my knowledge and allowed me to have sound clinical and research roles at my centre.
Actually, as a continuation of continuous medical education, it is praiseworthy to me to attend the 2011 GFMER course to refresh and add the new concepts in the field of sexual and reproductive health. This surely improves both me, my colleagues, my centre and eventually the national performance.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Abdel-Aleem MA, Shaaban OM. Tocolysis for management of retained placenta. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Jan 19;(1):CD007708.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Shaaban OM, Abdel-Aleem MA. Cervical pessary for preventing preterm birth. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Sep 8;(9):CD007873.
- Widmer M, Blum J, Hofmeyr GJ, Carroli G, Abdel-Aleem H, Lumbiganon P, Nguyen TN, Wojdyla D, Thinkhamrop J, Singata M, Mignini LE, Abdel-Aleem MA, Tran ST, Winikoff B. Misoprostol as an adjunct to standard uterotonics for treatment of post-partum haemorrhage: a multicentre, double-blind randomised trial. Lancet. 2010 May 22;375(9728):1808-13.
- Bedaiwy MA, Abdel-Aleem MA, Miketa A, Falcone T. Endometriosis: a critical appraisal of the advances and the controversies of a challenging health problem. Minerva Ginecol. 2009 Aug;61(4):285-98.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Merialdi M, Elsnosy ED, Elsedfy GO, Abdel-Aleem MA, Villar J. The effect of calcium supplementation during pregnancy on fetal and infant growth: a nested randomized controlled trial within WHO calcium supplementation trial. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009 Feb;22(2):94-100.
- Hofmeyr GJ, Abdel-Aleem H, Abdel-Aleem MA. Uterine massage for preventing postpartum haemorrhage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008 Jul 16;(3):CD006431.
- Darwish AM, Abdel-Aleem MA, Ismail AM. Risk of adhesions formation following microsurgical monopolar laparoscopic ovarian drilling: a comparative study. Gynecol Surg. 2008;6(2):135-41.
- Darwish AM, Amin AF, Abdel-Aleem MA, Youssef MA. Laparoscopic management of benign adnexal masses: experience in a developing country. Gynaecological Endoscopy. 2001 Jun 1;10(3):159-65.
Other online documents