How to prepare a research protocol for WHO?
June 5, 2011 - GenevaThapa S. How to prepare a research protocol for WHO?. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2011 Jun 5; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2011/research-methodology/Research-protocol-for-WHO-Thapa-2011.htm
See also How to prepare a research protocol for WHO? - Shyam Thapa (presentation with audio)
Relevant online documents and resources
- Fathalla MF. A practical guide for health researchers [Internet]. WHO Regional Publications, Eastern Mediterranean Series; 30. Cairo: 2004 [cited 2010 Jul 30]. Available from: http://www.emro.who.int/publications/pdf/healthresearchers_guide.pdf
- Habicht JP, Victora CG, Vaughan JP. Evaluation designs for adequacy, plausibility and probability of public health programme performance and impact. Int J Epidemiol [Internet]. 1999 Feb [cited 2010 Jul 30];28(1):10-8. Available from: http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/28/1/10?view=long&pmid=10195658
- Thapa S. Good ethics is good research. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2011 Jun 4; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2011/research-methodology/Good-ethics-good-research-Thapa-2011.htm
- World Health Organization. Preparing a research project proposal. Guidelines and forms (fourth edition). Geneva 2003
- Recommended format for a research protocol - In brief
Review the protocol development guidelines.
If any questions / comments or would like to know more about specific topics or areas related to the materials in this session, email me at
If you are working on a proposal / protocol or plan to work on one, feel free to share for comments / feedback.