Sexually transmitted infections epidemiology
July 8, 2011 - GenevaToskin I. Sexually transmitted infections epidemiology. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2011 Jul 8; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2011/sti/STI-Epidemiology-Toskin-2011.htm
See also Sexually transmitted infections epidemiology - Igor Toskin (presentation with audio)
Relevant online resources
- Please list the three main variables of the May & Anderson model of the reproductive rate of infection.
- What would be the interpretation of the May & Anderson model, if Ro remains more than 1?
- According to the 2005 WHO Global Estimates of the prevalence and incidence of four curable STIs where the vast majority of new STI cases was estimated? How it can be explained?
- With regard to gonococcal infection what is the main challenge that international community has been recently facing with?
- Is it true that STIs are not any more a public health problem in industrialized countries?