Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 2
Kirsten Vogelsong, Mario Festin
September 25, 2015 - Geneva
Vogelsong K, Festin M. Updates on contraceptive technology. Part 2. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2015 Sep 25; Geneva.
- Combined oral contraceptives
- Progestin only pills
- Injectable contraceptives
- Hormonal implants
- Tubal ligation and vasectomy
- IUD (copper bearing and levonorgestrel IUS)
- Fertility awareness methods and LAM
- Barrier methods
- Emergency contraception
- New contraceptive technology
For each contraceptive method, the online presentation will include the following topics: mechanism of action, indicators of effectiveness, side effects, non-contraceptive benefits, eligibility criteria and interventions for certain problems during use.
Relevant online documents and resources
- Knowledge for Health—K4Health Project at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers.
- WHO | Contraception