Christian Yusuf Tenebe
Christian Yusuf Tenebe, MD, General Medical Practitioner with emphasis on Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Member of Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Bauchi State Branch. Served as its State’s General Secretary from year 2000 to 2006
International Member of the American College of Physician Executive since 2011
Born on the 17th of November 1965 in Kaduna town of Kaduna State Nigeria. Attended Saint Patrick Nursery and Primary School Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria from 1970 to 1976. Completed my primary education at Sa’ad Zungur Primary School Bauchi, Bauchi State, Nigeria 1976 to 1978. For my secondary education, I attended Government Secondary School Bauchi 1978 to 1980, and then completed at Government Science Secondary School Toro, all in Bauchi State. My Medical Education began at the University of Jos, Nigeria. Preliminary studies, with distinction 1983 to 1984, the Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery 1984 to 1990, from the Faculty of Medicine Sciences.
Professional exposure and experiences were as follows:
- One year Houseman-ship at the Specialist Hospital Bauchi from 1990 to 1991.
- One year Mandatory National Youth Service Corps at 82 Infantry Battalion MIR Katsina, Katsina State, Nigeria 1991 to 1992.
- Medical Officer Specialist Hospital Bauchi 1992 to 1995.
- From 1995 till date, been a general medical practitioner with Ni’ima Consultants Hospital Bauchi, with emphasis on Obstetric and Gynaecology, the unit which I have been heading. From 2005 till date serving as the hospital’s Medical Director.
- Twenty years practical experience in the use of Ultrasound.
- During my twenty five years as a Medical Practitioner, I have attended various workshops and Seminars at various times organized or sponsored by; Centre for Development and Population activities; Unicef sponsored international centre for the advancement of Reproductive health Jos, Nigeria; USAID sponsored private sector partnership for Better health (PSP-One); GFMER on-line courses.