Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Hamidreza Farrokh-Eslamlou, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Maternal and Child Health
Director, Reproductive Health Research Center
Director, Public Health Department, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Dr. Hamidreza Farrokh-Eslamlou is born on the 11th February 1965. He graduated from Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran in 1992 and obtained PhD degree from Tehran University of Medical Sciences in 2002 (MPH degree was included). He attended visiting sabbatical in the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia in 2011. He had work experience as an international No-Scalpel Vasectomy trainer (2009-2011). Currently he is the Director of Reproductive Health Research Center and also Public Health Department in Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Contracts with International Health Agencies as a National Expert:
- UNFPA 2010-2011: Preparing Iranian National No-Scalpel Vasectomy Services Standards in both service delivery and Training levels.
- UNFPA 2012: Compilation of the Reproductive Health Counseling Training Curriculum.
- WHO 2012-2013: To Analyze the Situation of Reproductive Health Counselling in Iran.
- WHO 2014-2015: Development of the national strategic and action plan for sexual and reproductive health counseling in Iran.
Participation in WHO meetings as a WHO Advisor:
- WHO/HQ Geneva, June 2012: Optimizing human resource requirements for expanding family planning coverage.
- Montreux, Switzerland, June 2012: Policy, programme, and research recommendations to expand access to family planning.
- Gheibi Sh, Farrokh-Eslamlou HR (Corresponding Author), Noroozi M, Pakniyat A. Refractory iron deficiency anemia and Helicobacter Pylori Infection in pediatrics: A review. Iranian Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology 2015;5(1):50-64.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Oshnouei S, Heshmatian B. Premenstrual Syndrome and Quality of Life in Iranian medical students. Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare 2015;6:23-27.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Aghlmand S, Oshnouei S. Persistence of Hemorrhage and Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy (HDP) as the Main Causes of Maternal Mortality: Emergence of Medical Errors in Iranian Healthcare System. Iranian J Publ Health 2014; 43(10):1395-1404.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Aghlmand S, Khorasani-Zavareh D, Mohammad Alizadeh Charandabi S, Moghaddam Tabrizi F, Jahanfar S. Structured versus routine family planning counselling for contraception. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD011211. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011211.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Oshnouei S, Haghighi N. Intimate partner violence during pregnancy in Urmia, Iran in 2012. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine 2014;24:28-32.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Homer C, Eslami M, Aghlmand S. The impact of World Health Organization’s “Decision-Making Tool for Family Planning Clients and Providers” on the Quality of Family Planning Services in Iran. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2013;0:1–7.
- Seyyed Mohammadzadeh MH, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Khadem Vatan K, Mikaili P, Asghari MH, Fahimi G. The correlation of coronary artery involvement extent with white blood cell count in hospitalized patients. European Journal of Experimental Biology 2012;2(1):247-252.
- Khorasani-Zavareh D, Bigdeli M, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Abdoos H, Mohammadi R. Traffic injury deaths in reproductive age group in Iran. Journal of Clinical Research & Governance 2012;1(1).
- Seraj B, Shahrabi M, Shadfar M, Ahmadi R, Fallahzadeh M, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Kharazifard MJ. Effect of High Water Fluoride Concentration on the Intellectual Development of Children in Makoo /Iran. Journal of Dentistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences 2012;9:3.
- Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Eslami M, Abdi-Rad I, Eilkhanizadeh B. Evaluating Vasectomy Success in a Large Prospective Study. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2011;17(6):50-55.
- Norouzinia F, Behjati Gh R, Shahabi Sh, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Zoheyr MH, Ilkhanizadeh B. Fractal study on nuclear boundary of cancer cells in urinary smears. Iranian Journal of Pathology 2011;2(6).
- Sepehrvand N, Rostamzadeh Khameneh Z, Farrokh-Eslamlou H. Survey the Seroprevalence of CMV among Hemodialysis Patients in Urmia, Iran. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2010;21(2):363-367.
- Salarilak SH, Khalkhali HR, Entezar Mahdi R, Pakdel FG, Farrokh-Eslamlou H. Association between the socio-economic indicators and infant mortality rate (IMR) in Iran. Iranian Journal of Public Health 2009;38(4):21-28.
- Abdi Rad I, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Khoshkalam M. Neural Tube Defects Prevalence in a Hospital - Based Study in Urmia. Iranian Journal of Child Neurology 2008;11:19.
- Abdi-Rad I, Khoshkalam M, Farrokh-Eslamlou H. The Prevalence at Birth of Overt Congenital Anomalies in Urmia, Northwestern Iran. Archives of Iranian Medicine 2008;11:148-151.
- Nanbakhsh H, Salarilak Sh, Farrokh-Eslamlou H, Aglmand S. Assessment of women’s satisfaction with reproductive health services in Urmia University of medical sciences. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2008;14:605-614.