Bangladesh University of Health Sciences, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Jesmin Akter, MSc, MPH
Lecturer, Department of Reproductive and Child Health, Faculty of Public Health, Bangladesh University of Health Sciences (BUHS)
Société coopérative médicale de Beaulieu scholarship
Ms. Jesmin Akter is born on the 18th November 1980. She has accomplished her Master’s degree Food & Nutrition from University of Dhaka and also obtained MPH degree major in Reproductive and Child Health from the American International University-Bangladesh. Presently she is working as a Lecturer at the department of Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) in Bangladesh University of Health Sciences (BUHS), Dhaka, Bangladesh. She has a number of publications in peer-reviewed journals including a research based book in Lambert Academic Publishing. She has presented her research works in a significant number of regional/ international public health seminars and conferences at home and abroad. She was an organizing associate of ‘3rd Regional Public Health Conference’ at BIHS, Dhaka. Besides academic and research activities she has gained considerable experience in organizational issues through her part-time responsibility as an active member of research projects (Funded by JAICA, WDF, JPG School of Public Health etc). She is a member of a number of professional bodies including Continued Public Health Education (CPHE), Bangladesh Health Education Society, The European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), Asian Network of Research on Anti-diabetic Plants (ANRAP) and International Epidemiology Association (IEA). Her area of interest is on gender, sexual health, women empowerment, family planning, adolescent, maternal and child nutrition. Her research interest includes nutritional aspect of sexual and reproductive health of men, women and children and epidemiological studies related to diabetes and other metabolic disorders. She has been awarded by Magna Cum Laude award from American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB) for excellent academic performance. She has the ability to foster a cooperative work environment and ability to communicate and work effectively within a team.
- Sharmin Hossain, Kaniz Fatema, Kazi R. Ahmed, Jesmin Akter, Hasina A. Chowdhury, Md Shahjahan, Amitava Acharyya, M.A. Rahim, Liaquat Ali. Prevalence and Determinants of Metabolic Syndrome among Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic Subjects according to Different Criteria. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2015; 9:120–123.
- Md Monoarul Haque, Sharmin Hossain, Kazi Rumana Ahmed, Taslima Sultana, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Jesmin Akter. A Comparative Study on Knowledge about Reproductive Health among Urban and Rural Women of Bangladesh. Journal of Family and Reproductive Health 2015; 9(1):35-40.
- Jesmin Akter, Mohammad Shahjahan, Sharmin Hossain, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Kazi Rumana Ahmed, Kaniz Fatema, Begum Rowshan Ara and Liaquat Ali. Determinants of overweight and obesity among Bangladeshi diabetic women of reproductive age. BMC Research Notes 2014; 7:513.
- Md Shahjahan, Jesmin Akter, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury. Determinants of Delivery Care in a Selected Rural Area of Bangladesh. Daffodil International University Journal of Allied Health Sciences 2014; 1(1): 19-28.
- Rowshan Ara Begum, Liaquat Ali, Jesmin Akter, Osamu Takahashi, Tsuguya Fukui, Mahbubur Rahman. Osteopenia and Osteoporosis Among 16-65 Year Old Women Attending Outpatient Clinics. Journal of Community Health 2014, DOI 10.1007/s10900-014-9853-7.
- Md Monoarul Huq, Jesmin Akter, Kazi Rumana Ahmed, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Sharmin Hossain and Nantu Bikash Tripura. Nutritional Status of Settlers and Indigenous Women of Reproductive Age Group in Khagrachari District, Bangladesh. Accepted in the Journal of Enam Medical College 2014; 4(2):98-101.
- Jesmin Akter, Kazi Rumana Ahmed, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Sharmin Hossain and Begum Rowshan Ara. Association of Socio-demographic Attributes with Mothers Knowledge regarding Childhood Diarrhea. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition 2013, 2, 353-358.
- Begum Rowshan Ara, Jesmin Akter, Iqbal Kabir, Lars-Ake Persson. Feeding Practices and Care-seeking Behaviours of Under-two Children with Diarrhoeal Diseases in Bangladesh. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition 2013, 2:223-229.
- Md N. Karim, Kazi R. Ahmed, Mohammad S. Bukht, Jesmin Akter, Hasina A. Chowdhury, Sharmin Hossain, Nazneen Anwar, Shajada Selim, Shahabul H. Chowdhury, Fawzia Hossain, Liaquat Ali. Pattern and Predictors of Dyslipidemia in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2013; 7: 95–100.
- Md Shahjahan, MA Hafiz, Hasina A. Chowdhury, Jesmin Akter, Afsana Afroz. Factors associated with use of Antenatal Care Services in a Rural area of Bangladesh. South East Asia Journal of Public Health 2012; 2(2): 61-66.