Citing collections of prints and photographs
National Library of Medicine (NLM) style
Patrias K. Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers [Internet]. 2nd ed. Wendling DL, technical editor. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2007 [updated 2009 Oct 21; cited 2010 Apr 30]. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/citingmedicine
- Sample Citation and Introduction to Citing Collections of Prints and Photographs
- Citation Rules with Examples for Collections of Prints and Photographs
Components/elements listed in the order they should appear in a reference: (R) = required, (O) = optional
Author (artist or photographer) (R) | Author Affiliation (O) | Title (R) | Type of Medium (R) | Secondary Author (O) | Date of Publication (R) | Physical Description (O) | Library or Other Archive Where Located (R) | Language (R) | Notes (O)
- Print and photograph collections
- Tabor M. Martha Tabor collection [photographs]. 1985-2006. 155 photographs: black & white. Located at: Prints and Photographs Collection, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD. Photographs depict contemporary health care professionals at work.
- Spanish Civil War poster collection [posters]. 1936-1939. 123 posters: color, 213 x 161 cm. or smaller. Located at: Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress, Washington, DC; Card No. 2001697400. Spanish, English, Esperanto, French. Many artists are represented. Among the more notable or frequently represented artists are: Jose Bardasano, Carles Fontsere, Aleix Hinsberger, and Ramon Puyol.
- Patent medicine labels and advertisements [prints]. 1830-1985. 420 prints: black & white and color, 13 x 17 in. or smaller. Located at: Prints & Photographs Division, Library of Congress, Washington, DC; LOT 10632. Collection contains engravings, etchings, lithographs.
- Visual materials from the Blackwell family papers [slides + prints]. 1840-circa 1935. 171 items: 28 x 23 cm. or smaller. Located at: Prints & Photographs Division, Library of Congress, Washington, DC; LOT 13267. Collection contains chiefly lantern slides and photographic prints.
- Kase G, compiler (Board of Park Commissioners, Cincinnati, OH). Mt. Airy Forest collection [prints + slides]. 1928-1954. 549 prints: black & white, 9 x 15 cm.; 64 slides: color, 2 x 2 in. Located at: Cincinnati Historical Society Library, Cincinnati, OH.