Citing parts of bibliographies
National Library of Medicine (NLM) style
Patrias K. Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers [Internet]. 2nd ed. Wendling DL, technical editor. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2007 [updated 2009 Oct 21; cited 2010 Apr 30]. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/citingmedicine
- Sample Citation and Introduction to Citing Parts of Bibliographies
- Citation Rules with Examples for Parts of Bibliographies
Components/elements listed in the order they should appear in a reference: (R) = required, (O) = optional
Bibliography (R) | Name and Number/Letter of the Part (R) | Title of the Part (R) | Location (Pagination) of the Part (R)
- A chapter of a bibliography
- Haynes C, compiler. Ethnic minority health: a selected, annotated bibliography. Lanham (MD): Scarecrow Press; c1997. Chapter 4, Mental health; p. 21-37.
- A subject section of a bibliography with number/letter
- Velasquez G, Hanvoravongchai P, Boulet P, compilers. Globalization, patents and drugs: an annotated bibliography. 2nd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, Essential Drugs and Medicines Policy; c2001. Section 2.6, North America; p. 48-50.
- Gordner RL, Tralka TS, compilers. Management of hepatitis C [bibliography]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US), Reference Section; 1997 Feb. [Section] B2, Hepatitis C genotyping; p. 9-14.
- A subject section of a bibliography without number/letter
- Horowitz LM, Schreiber MD, Hare I, Walker VR, Talley AL, editors. Psychological factors in emergency medical services for children: abstracts of the psychological, behavioral, and medical literature, 1991-1998 [bibliography]. Washington: American Psychological Association; c1999. Children's reactions to disasters; p.37-46.
- An appendix of a bibliography
- Clamp CG, Gough S, Land L, compilers. Resources for nursing research: an annotated bibliography. 4th ed. London: Sage Publication, Limited; 2004. Appendix A, Computer programs for design and analysis; p. 338-40.
- Other parts of a bibliography
- Brogdon J, Olsen WC, editors. The contemporary and historical literature of food science and human nutrition [bibliography]. Ithaca (NY): Cornell University Press; c1995. Table 4.6, Characteristics of core monographs; p. 140.
- Cumulative trauma disorders in the workplace: bibliography. Cincinnati (OH): National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (US), Education and Information Division; 1995. Part 2, Cumulative trauma disorders in the workplace - bibliography; p. 153-208.
- Part of a bibliography in a language other than English
- Mane Garzon F, Burgues Roca S. Publicaciones medicas uruguayas de los siglos XVIII y XIX. Montevideo (Uruguay): Oficina del Libro AEM; 1996. Capitulo 10, Publicaciones sobre medicina homeopatica; p. 185-8. Spanish.
- Part of a bibliography in a language other than English with translation
- Mane Garzon F, Burgues Roca S. Publicaciones medicas uruguayas de los siglos XVIII y XIX [Uruguayan medical publications of the 18th and 19th centuries]. Montevideo (Uruguay): Oficina del Libro AEM; 1996. Capitulo 10, Publicaciones sobre medicina homeopatica [Chapter 10, Publications on homeopathic medicine]; p. 185-8. Spanish.
- One volume of a bibliography
- Neu J, editor. Isis cumulative bibliography, 1986-95: a bibliography of the history of science formed from the annual Isis current bibliographies. Vol. 4, Time periods 19th and 20th centuries. Canton (MA): Science History Publications/USA; 1997. p. 623-1362.