Postgraduate Training Course in Reproductive Health/Chronic Disease
The Gap Between Evidence and Practice in Maternal Health Care
J. Villar, M. Gülmezoglu , G. Carroli, G. Piaggio
- Al-Mufti R, McCarthy A, Fisk NM. Obstetricians' personal choice and mode of delivery. Lancet. 1996 Feb 24;347(9000):544.
- Allen C, Glasziou P, Del Mar C. Bed rest: a potentially harmful treatment needing more careful evaluation. Lancet. 1999 Oct 9;354(9186):1229-33.
- Bero LA, Grilli R, Grimshaw JM, Harvey E, Oxman AD, Thomson MA. Closing the gap between research and practice: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions to promote the implementation of research findings. The Cochrane Effective Practice and Organization of Care Review Group. BMJ. 1998 Aug 15;317(7156):465-8.
- Centre for Evidence Based Medicine
- Oakley A. Experimentation and social interventions: a forgotten but important history. BMJ. 1998 Oct 31;317(7167):1239-42.
- Piaggio G, Ba'aqeel H, Bergsjo P, Carroli G, Farnot U, Lumbiganon P, Pinol A, Villar J. The practice of antenatal care: comparing four study sites in different parts of the world participating in the WHO Antenatal Care Randomised Controlled Trial. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1998 Oct;12 Suppl 2:116-41.
- Villar J, Carroli G, Gulmezoglu AM. The gap between evidence and practice in maternal healthcare. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2001 Nov;75 Suppl 1:S47-54.