Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hisham Hussein Imam
M.B.B.Ch, M.Sc (OB&GYN), MRCOG (Part 1)
MD (OB&GYN), High Diploma (Hospital Management)
Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
Minia University , El-Minia, Egypt
Consultant and Head of Obstetrics & Gynecology Department
El-Gomhoria Hospital, Cairo , Egypt
Clinic: 5 Air Forces Hospital Sq., Ahmed Saeed St., Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
Mobile Phones +2 0111292111 – 0101085185
Clinic Phone + 2 02 24875686
Home Phone + 2 02 22750472
E mail firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
Department started in 1983. It includes 22 Working Staff (Professors, Assistant Professors and Lecturers) and 9 Assistant Staff.
The Department has 110 beds for In-patients and 12 beds for Emergency patients.
It has the following specialized units:
- Endoscopic (Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic) Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Fetal-Maternal Unit
- Infertility Unit ( Center)
There are 5 operative lists every week. Emergency patients are around 30-40/day.
Number of deliveries conducted last year (2007) were about 5500.
The Department has its Annual International Congress.
The Department organizes training courses in:
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
- Basic and advanced ultrasonography
- Infertility management
- Fetal monitoring.
The degrees that are given by the Department are:
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Master degree (M.Sc.) in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical doctorate (M.D.) in Obstetrics and Gynecology