Jimena Villar de Onis
Jimena Villar de Onis, LL.B, MSc
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Research Trainee, Division of Global Health Equity, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Partners in Health, Chiapas, Mexico
Jimena Villar de Onis graduated in 2014 with a Law (Honors) degree from the Law School of the University of Edinburg. She specialized in Child Protection and Humanitarian Studies, Ethics and Human Rights at the Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, obtaining in 2016 her MSc degree from the Department of Global Health. Her thesis, (Health and Human Rights Journal; 2016) documented the process of using the judiciary system to increase treatment coverage for patients with HIV/AIDS in Colombia, South America.
In the past she has interned with Engender Health in New York, Human Rights Watch in Buenos Aires, The Guatemala Project in Guatemala and Médecins du Monde in Paris working on Roma children and education supported with a grant from the Women and Public Policy Program from the Harvard Kennedy School.
She is presently working at Partners in Health (Compañeros en Salud) in Chiapas, Mexico and supporting as a researcher at the Division of Global Health Equity of the Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
She is also Editor for Sexual and Reproductive Rights at the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, (www.gfmer.ch), reviewing and summarizing the sexual and reproductive health legislation in Latin America.
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights Think Tank
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights Country Information - Argentina - Jimena Villar de Onis
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights Country Information - Bolivia - Jimena Villar de Onis
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights Country Information - Brazil - Jimena Villar de Onis
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights Country Information - Uruguay - Jimena Villar de Onis, Lynn Gertiser
- HIV and the Right to Health in Colombia - Corey Prachniak and Jimena Villar de Onís
- Gender-informed family planning: a qualitative study in rural Chiapas, Mexico - Jimena Villar de Onis
- Molina RL, Villar J, Reyes A, Elliott J, Begley M, Johnson M, Palazuelos L, Montaño M, Flores H, Semrau KEA, Palazuelos D. Delivery practices and care experience during implementation of an adapted safe childbirth checklist and respectful care program in Chiapas, Mexico. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Jan 31. https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijgo.12771