Dr. Marloes (Luce) Schoonheim
Dr. Marloes (Luce) Schoonheim specializes in e-learning and research on sexual and reproductive health and rights.
At the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research Schoonheim is e-learning manager for learning and development. She coaches sexual and reproductive health research and initiates, (helps) develop and delivers e-learning and blended training modules and courses in sexual and reproductive health. Her experience in e-learning allows her to offer advice and support in training plan development for universities, academic networks and hospitals. In addition, Schoonheim is content editor of the Sexual and Reproductive Rights think tank and online resource center and is member of the Client Council of CASA, the Dutch organization for sexual and reproductive health.
Born and raised in the Netherlands, Schoonheim studied history in Leiden specializing in demography, minorities and gender. She graduated with honors in 2000. Schoonheim lectured at Nijmegen University and, in 2005, received a Ph D for her thesis Mixing ovaries and rosaries: Catholic religion and reproduction in the Netherlands, 1870-1970. She worked as a post-doctoral researcher at Stanford University in the USA and, for nearly three years, at the Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan. From 2008 to 2010, Schoonheim studied Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Montpellier, France.
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marloes-schoonheim/13/89b/1b7
- Twitter https://twitter.com/DrMarloes
- 2014 Schoonheim M, Heyden R, Wiecha JM. Use of a virtual world computer environment for international distance education: lessons from a pilot project using Second Life. BMC Medical Education. 2014 Feb 21;14(1):36. Available from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6920/14/36
- 2013 “Sexual minorities”. Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Sexual and Reproductive Rights. Available at https://www.gfmer.ch/srr/sexualminorities.htm
- 2013 “Transgender people”. Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Sexual and Reproductive Rights. Available at https://www.gfmer.ch/srr/transgenderpeople.htm
- 2011 (with Marloes Hülsken) "Religion and fertility at the extremes: the Netherlands and Taiwan, 1950-1985". History of the Family 16:267–277.
- 2011 (with Theo Engelen) "Mortality in the Netherlands: general development and regional differences". Theo Engelen, John R. Shepherd & Wen Shan Yang ed., Death at the opposite ends of the Eurasian continent: Mortality trends in Taiwan and the Netherlands 1850-1945. Amsterdam: Aksant. 81-99.
- 2011 (with John Shepherd, Chang Tian-Yun and Jan Kok) "Maternal mortality in Taiwan and the Netherlands, 1850-1945". Theo Engelen, John R. Shepherd & Wen Shan Yang ed., Death at the opposite ends of the Eurasian continent: Mortality trends in Taiwan and the Netherlands 1850-1945. Amsterdam: Aksant 2011. 229-275.
- 2010 (with Wen Shan Yang) "Minority group status and fertility: the case of the “foreign brides” in Taiwan". Wen-Shan Yang and Melody Lu ed., Asian Cross-border Marriage Migration: Demographic Patterns and Social Issues. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press. 103-127.
- 2008 "Demographic findings on women’s fertility, mortality, and nuptiality historically around the world". Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 2006 (with Hill Gates) "The ethnography of reproduction: Taiwan and the Netherlands". Ying Chang Chuang, Theo Engelen, and Arthur P. Wolf ed., Positive or Preventive? Reproduction in Taiwan and the Netherlands, 1850-1940. Amsterdam: Aksant. 53-81.
- 2006 (with Frans van Poppel) "Measuring cultural differences between religions using network data; an example based on nineteenth-century Dutch marriage certificates". Annales de Démographie Historique 42(1)173-197.
- 2005 Mixing Ovaries and Rosaries: Catholic Religion and Reproduction in the Netherlands, 1870 – 1970. Amsterdam: Aksant.
- Assignments FAQ - Fatima Kozacoka, Marloes Schoonheim
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights - Abortion - Ameyo Bonventure Masakhwe, Marloes Schoonheim
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights - People with Disability - Jane Chivers, Marloes Schoonheim
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights - Sexual Minorities - Marloes Schoonheim
- GFMER Sexual and Reproductive Rights - Transgender People - Marloes Schoonheim
- How to present your research - Marloes Schoonheim
- Social science research - Marloes Schoonheim
The evidence-based management of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia - University of Oxford
- The Oxford Evidence-based Management of Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia Training Course in Gondar, Ethiopia, December 10, 2011
- The Oxford Evidence-based Management of Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia Training Course in Mekelle, Ethiopia, December 12, 2011