Pélagie Windpouire Kientega Traore
Dr Pélagie Windpouire Kientega Traore
Medical Doctor at the Department of Paediatrics at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Souro Sanou, Burkina Faso
Master in Emergency and Essential Care (EEC) at District Hospitals in Developing Countries - University Centre for International Cooperation of the University of Parma
Participant to the Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research - Geneva 2009
University of Parma/GFMER/WHO scholarship
My name is Pélagie. I am a medical doctor graduated in 2005 and working in the Department of Paediatrics of a public referral hospital.
My country Burkina Faso is a francophone country in West Africa. It is one the poorest countries of the world.
Such as in all developing countries, health is a big challenge in Burkina Faso and all the efforts are made to improve it.
My particular interest is maternal and neonatal health because the maternal and neonatal mortality rates are high and inacceptable.
Perinatal morbidity and mortality - Children and adolescents Health - Emergency and Essential Care - Sexual and Reproductive Health - Public Health - Research
- Implementation of Surgical Care at the District Hospital/WHO in Burkina Faso
- Training health providers in Emergency and Essential Care in Burkina Faso
- Training medical officers in Sexual and Reproductive Health in Burkina Faso
- Prevalence of maternal near miss and perinatal outcomes
- Prevalence of maternal near miss and perinatal outcomes in a tertiary referral hospital of Burkina Faso - Pélagie Kientega - Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research - Geneva 2009
- Centro universitario per la cooperazione internazionale - Università degli studi di Parma
- Doctors for Africa - Master in Emergency and Essential Care (EEC) at District Hospitals in Developing Countries - University Centre for International Cooperation of the University of Parma
- Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia - Università degli studi di Parma
- Medical schools: Burkina Faso
- Ministère de la Santé - Burkina Faso
- WHO - Emergency and essential surgical care