Operations Research for Sexual Health
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Session on March 2 at 1 PM
By the end of the session students will be able to:
- Define Operations Research (OR)
- Describe when to use OR and for which purposes
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of OR
The lecture will be extremely interactive
- There will be a short presentation on the fundamentals of OR,
- The students will be asked to critique OR papers (which will be distributed during the lecture)
- There will be a general discussion on the benefits and limitations of OR
Suggested reading materials prior to the Session:
Fisher A.A. and Foreit J.R.
(2002) Designing HIV/AIDS Intervention Studies: An Operations Research
Handbook. Population Council.
Expanding Capacity for Operations
Research in Reproductive Health: Summary Report of a Consultative Meeting.