Anja Katharina Guttinger
Sandyford Glasgow, UK
Anja Katharina Guttinger, MRCOG, MFSRH
Consultant in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare at Sandyford Glasgow, UK
Expert Member of West of Scotland Research Ethics Service
Anja obtained her medical degree from the University of Düsseldorf, Germany, and undertook her specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Edinburgh (NHS Lothian University Hospital, UK) and Perth, Western Australia. She obtained her sub-specialty training in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare at Dean Terrace Family Planning Clinic and at the Queen's Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh.
Anja has a longstanding interest in medical Gynaecology including colposcopy, ultrasound, complex contraception and forensic Gynaecology. Together with her colleague Dr Melvin she has established a dedicated reproductive endocrinology clinic and is the clinical lead for ultrasound and tubal patency testing.
Supporting the reproductive health needs of a diverse and difficult to reach population has been an overarching focus of all her clinical work.
- Warner P, Guttinger A, Glasier AF, Lee RJ, Nickerson S, Brenner RM, Critchley HOD. Randomized placebo-controlled trial of CDB-2914 in new users of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system shows only short-lived amelioration of unscheduled bleeding. Hum Reprod. 2010 Feb;25(2):345–53.
- Guttinger AK, Chen ZE. How well do women recall past contraceptive use? A pilot study. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2009 Jul;35(3):173–5.
- Guttinger A, Critchley HOD. Endometrial effects of intrauterine levonorgestrel. Contraception. 2007 Jun;75(6 Suppl):S93–98.
- Currie H, Guttinger A. Management of menopausal symptoms: the risks and benefits. Prescriber. 2007 Jul 5;18(13):24–41.
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde's Sexual Health Website
- NRES - National Research Ethics Service
- FSRH | Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare