Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2014
Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
Meeting the needs and fulfilling the rights of adolescents to sexual and reproductive health
Module coordinator: Venkatraman Chandra-Mouli
Objectives of the course
As a result of undertaking the course, participants will know:
- What are the needs of adolescents on sexual and reproductive health?
- How to respond to their needs?
Topics to be covered in the course
- What do we mean by adolescence and adolescents? What are the needs and rights of adolescents on sexual and reproductive health? How could they be met/fulfilled?
- Reaching adolescents through their peers
- Reaching adolescents through their parents
- Reaching adolescents through teachers and community-based educators
- Reaching adolescents through health workers and health services
- Reaching adolescents through the media and through mobile phones
Teaching-learning methods to be used in course
On each of the topic, we will post the following items:
- A set of 15-20 slides with accompanying talking points.
- A set of 1-3 documents.
- An assignment.
What is required of you
For each module:
- Please go through the slides and talking points.
- Please read the 1-3 accompanying documents.
- Do the assignment, after going through the slide set and documents.
For all the modules:
- If you have questions to pose or points to make, please send us an email message to your assigned coordinator. You will get a prompt response.
Certificates and awards
All participants who send in completed assignments (i.e. with responses to all six questions) by the required date, will receive a certificate of completion.
The top ten participants will receive an additional certificate of commendation.
The top five participants will get a set of books on writing and presenting effectively.
The course will be conducted by staff from WHO's departments of Reproductive Health and Research and Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health.
It will be coordinated by:
Dr V. Chandra-Mouli
Scientist – Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
Department of Reproductive Health and Research
World Health Organization
20 Avenue Appia,1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
+41 22 791 4814