Esther Awazzi Envuladu
University of Jos, Nigeria
Esther Awazzi Envuladu, MBBS, FWACP, PGDM
Community Physician with Research Interest in Reproductive Health
Lecturer, University of Jos, Nigeria
Consultant, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
I am a Nigerian. I obtained my Medical degree from the University of Jos, Nigeria and a Fellow of the West African College of Physician (Community Health). I am presently a lecturer with the department of Community Medicine University of Jos and a Consultant with the Jos University Teaching Hospital. My Research interest is in the field of Reproductive Health with bias for women and adolescent and also malaria. Apart from lecturing of medical students, I lecture community health officers, train medical personnel’s in public health for field activities and do a lot of community development work
I am married to Engr Bitrus Envuladu and blessed with three children (Henry, Hillel and Haniel).
- Adah, O.S, Ashikeni .M .A, Envuladu, E. A, Bupwadat,P, Zoakah, A. I(2009); The impact of advocacy and community mobilization on the utilization of health services at the comprehensive Health centre, Gindiri, Jos Journal of Medicine; 4(1);11-12.
- Adah, O.S, Ngo-Ndomb,T, Envuladu, E.A, Audu , S, Banwat, M.E, Yusuff, O.T, Zoakah, A. I(2009) ; Home Treatment of Malaria Amongst under Fives Presenting with Fever in PHC Facilities in Jos North LGA of Plateau State, Nigeria Journal of Medicine;18(1):88-93.
- Chirdan, O.O, Envuladu, E.A(2011); Utilization of Institutional Delivery Services among Women Bringing their Children for BCG in Jos, Nigeria, Journal of Medicine in the Tropics; 13(2): 98-101.
- Banwat, M.E, Daboer, J.C, Envuladu, E.A, Lar, l.A,Ogbonna, C ( 2011); Effect of Mass Chemotherapy with Praziquantel on the Prevalence of Schistosomiasis in School Children in Langai Community of Plateau State, Journal of Medicine in the Tropics;13:2: 119-123.
- Envuladu, E.A, Banwat, M.E, Lar, L.A, Zoakah, A.I(2011); Community based distributors and increased ownership of the Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets in a Rural area of Plateau State, Jos journal of medicine, 5(2): 39-43.
- Envuladu, E.A, Banwat, M.E, Lar, L.A, Miner, C.A, Agbo, H.A, Zoakah, A. I(2012); Effect of community based intervention on awareness and utilization of the long lastinig insecticidal nets in a rural area of Barkin ladi LGA Plateau state Nigeria; E3 Journal of Medical Research;1(3):029-033.
- Envuladu, E. A, Bello, D, Mafwalal, S, Zoakah, A. I(2012); Prevalence and outcome of malaria among under-five children seen in comprehensive health centre Gindiri; Journal of Medicine in the Tropics;14(1):35-38.
- Envuladu, E. A, Chingle, M. P, Banwat, M. E, Lar, L. A, Audu, S, Zoakah, A.I(2012); The Quality of Drinking Well waters in Jos Metropolis, North Central Nigeria;Jos Journal of Medicine; 6(1): 17-21.
- Agbo, H. A, Envuladu, E. A, Zoakah, A. I(2012); Breast Self Examination-A Necessary Preventive Tool: knowledge and practice among students of College of Education Gindiri, Plateau State; Jos Journal of Medicine; 6(1): 47-53.
- Envuladu, E.A, Chia, L, Banwat, M.E; Lar, L.A, Agbo, H.A, Zoakah, A.I(2012); Domestic violence among pregnant women attending antenatal clinic in a PHC facility in Jos north LGA, Plateau State Nigeria; E3 Journal of Medical Research; Vol. 1(5): 063-068.
- Agbo, H.A, Madaki, J, Envuladu, E. A(2012); Exploring The Prevalence of Malaria and prescribing pattern of Antimalaria treatment at an urban primary health care centre; Jos Journal Of Medicine;6(2):59-62.
- Envuladu, E.A, Agbo, H.A, Lar, L.A, Zoakah, A.I(2012); Effectiveness of the long lasting insecticidal nets in reducing malaria morbidity among pregnant women in a rural community in Plateau state; World Journal of Science and Technology; 2(7):14-18.
- Envuladu, E.A, Agbo, H.A, Mohammed, A, Chia, L,Kigbu, J.H, Zoakah, A.I(2012); Utilization of Modern contraceptives among female traders in Jos South LGA of Plateau State, Nigeria; Int J Med Biomed Res;1(3):224-231.
- Agbo, H. A, Envuladu, E. A , Adah, U. G, Zoakah, A. I(2012); An assessment of toilet facilities in secondary schools in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State; Greener Journal of Educational Research; 2 (4): 91 - 94.
- Lar, L.A., Banwat, M.E., Chingle, M.P, Daboer, J.C., Envuladu, E.A, Miner, C.A., Ogbonna. C(2012); Domestic Refuse Handling Practices Among Adult Females in a Nigerian Metropolitan City: Are There Challenges? International Journal of Community Research;1 (1): 12-17.
- Agbo, H.A, Envuladu, A.E, Hassan, Z, Mafwalal, B.M, Zoakah, A.I(2013); Health of the Community in Resource-Limited Countries: Awareness and Willingness to Undertake Routine Medical Examination, Open Science Repository Medicine Online. Available from: http://www.open-science-repository.com/medicine-70081932.html
- Envuladu, E.A, Agbo, H.A, Lassa, S, Kigbu, J.H, Zoakah, A.I(2013); Factors determining the choice of a place of delivery among pregnant women in Russia village of Jos North, Nigeria: achieving the MDGs 4 and 5;Int J Med Biomed Res;2(1):23-27.
- Agbo, H. A, Envuladu, E.A, Adams, H.S, Inalegwu, E,Okoh, E, Agba, A, Zoakah, A.I(2013); Barriers and facilitators to the practice of exclusive Breast feeding among working class mothers: A study of female resident doctors in tertiary health institutions in Plateau State; E3 Journal of Medical Research; 2(1): 112-116.
- Ashikeni, M.A, Envuladu, E.A, Zoakah, A.I(2013). Malaria and the Use of the Insecticide-Treated Net (ITN) among Under-Five Children in Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Teritory Abuja, Nigeria. Journal of Mosquito Research; 3(6): 45-53.
- Envuladu, E.A, Umaru, R.J, Banwat, M.E, Lar, L.A, Lassa, S, Zoakah, A.I( 2013); Sexual abuse among female secondary school students in Jos, North central Nigeria; Journal of Medicine in the Tropics; 15;1:9-12.
- Envuladu, E.A, Ohize, V.A, Agbo, H.A, Lar, L.A, Zoakah, A.I(2013); Awareness and uptake of papanicoloau smear screening among students of a higher in Jos, Nigeria; Jos Journal of Medicine;7(1):21-26.
- Envuladu, E.A, Agbo, H.A,Ohize, V.A, Zoakah, A.I(2013); Social factors associated with teenage sexual behavior: A risk factor for STI/HIV among female adolescents in a rural Community in Plateau State, Nigeria; E3 Journal of Medical Research;2(2): 117-122.