Francis Githae Muriithi
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, UK
Francis Githae Muriithi, MB.ChB, MMed (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
Clinical Research Fellow and Honorary Specialist Registrar, Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, UK
Dr Muriithi is a Kenyan, born on 31st October, 1981. He is a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and has a passion for evidence based practices in women’s health. He graduated from the University Of Nairobi School of Medicine, Kenya in 2006 and completed an internship at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. After a stint as a Medical Officer, he joined the Aga Khan University Hospital as a Senior House Officer and in 2009 was admitted into the Aga Khan University residency programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In 2012 he was awarded a Master of Medicine degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology by the same university and subsequently worked as an Instructor in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. In November 2013, Dr Muriithi was awarded an International Fellowship at the Nuffield Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in open competition. His current work includes clinical and research work in Urogynaecology and Pelvic Floor Surgery at The John Radcliffe Hospital as well as in general Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Horton General Hospital within the Oxford NHS Trust.
At the completion of his fellowship, Dr Muriithi shall return to the Aga Khan University, Nairobi -Kenya to pursue a career as a Clinical-Academic in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Murage A, Muteshi MC, Githae F. Assisted reproduction services provision in a developing country: time to act? Fertil Steril. 2011 Oct;96(4):966–8.
- Githae F, Mung’ayi V, Stones W. Course and outcome of obstetric patients admitted to a University Hospital Intensive Care Unit. East African Medical Journal. 2013 Mar 26;88(10):356–60. Available from: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/eamj/article/view/86834
- Nguku S, Twahirwa N, Mburugu P, Rukaria K, Etabale J, Githae F, Tharao M. Urachal Adenocarcinoma. Annals of African Surgery. 2013 Sep 20;10(2): Available from: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/aas/article/view/94548
- Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Oxford Gynaecology & Pelvic Floor Centre
- Aga Khan University