College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Olutoyin Sekoni, MBBS, FWACP, MPH
Lecturer, Department of Preventive Medicine and Primary Care, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Dr. Olutoyin Sekoni is a Nigerian medical doctor with professional postgraduate training in public health (Fellow of the West African College of Physicians-Community Medicine) She is currently a lecturer in the Department of Community Medicine at the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and heads the Reproductive and Family Health Unit of the department. She is also an honorary clinical consultant to the University College Hospital Ibadan.
Her interests lie in reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity, prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV/AIDS and adolescent reproductive health. She hopes to make an impact in these areas through evidenced based research that influences policy and programme development as well as by teaching Reproductive and Family Health.
- Araoye MO, Salami AK, Sekoni OO. Occupational Risk of Exposure to HIV/AIDS and Willingness to Know Status Among Health Workers. Nigerian Journal of Genito- Urinary Medicine. 2004;3&4(1/2):26-30.
- Akande TM, Sekoni OO. A Survey on Birth and Death Registration in a Semi –Urban Settlement in Middle- Belt Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research. 2005;8(2):56-61.
- Osagbemi GK, Ojo JA, Sekoni OO. Morbidity Pattern and Immunization Drop Out Rate Among Children at the Immunization Clinic, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria Centre Point (Science Edition). The Official Journal of the University of Ilorin. 2005;13(1):45-50.
- Akande TM, Sekoni OO, Aderibigbe SA. Outcome of admissions in a university teaching hospital in Nigeria. Advance Tropical Medicine and Public Health International. 2012;2(2):72-8.
- Sekoni OO, Owoaje ET. HIV/AIDS stigma among primary health care workers in Ilorin, Nigeria. African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2013;42(1):47-57.
- Goodman OO, Aderibigbe SA, Sekoni OO, Osagbemi GK, Akande TM. Health Workers Sensitization: Effects on Perceived Quality of Immunization Services among Mothers of Under Five Children in Ilorin, North Central Nigeria. Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene. 2013;54(3):145-52.