Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Nigeria
Sunday Olarewaju, MBBS, MPH, FMCPH
Consultant Public Health Physician, Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Oyo-State, Nigeria
Olarewaju Sunday is a public health physician at Department of Community Medicine, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo-State. He graduated from University of Port-Harcourt in 1997, with Bachelor degree in General Medicine and Surgery. He obtained his Masters in Public Health degree at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in November 2008 as well as Post-graduate National Fellowship in Public Health in December 2008.
Sunday is a highly committed teacher, researcher and mentor. He has published widely in international peer-review journals. Prior to his academic career, he worked as a Technical Advisor to Family Health International in Nigeria from 2008 to 2011 on issues related to control of Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS control. His areas of interest are: Adolescent Health, Reproductive Health and Epidemiology. He has a strong focus on bridging the gap between the academia and field-based public health practice.
He was a member of National TB/HIV Technical working group, National Infection Control Steering Committee, National Community Tuberculosis Care steering committee between 2008 – 2011 where he supported development of National policy documents such as National Guideline on Community Tuberculosis care, National Guideline on Management of TB/HIV infection, National guideline on infection control and others.
- Olarewaju, S. Sobaloju, S. Dairo, O. Lawal, O. Obstacles to optimal TB Case detection among PHC workers in Osogbo- South Western Nigeria. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 2013; 2(2):474-479.
- Olarewaju S. Odu O Bamidele E. Olarewaju A. Knowledge, attitude and risky sexual behaviors on HIV/AIDS amongst commercial motorcyclists in Osogbo, Osun State. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 2013;2(2):104-109.
- Olarewaju S. Egbewale B.E. Olarewaju A.O, Bamidele J, Aluko J, Odo M. Knowledge, attitude and practices of HIV control measures in rural communities in Osun State, South Western, Nigeria. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 2013;2(2):237-242.
- Olarewaju S. Olarewaju A. Adebimpe E. Olu-lawal. Private pharmacists and tuberculosis control. A survey of case detection skills in Osogbo, South Western, Nigeria. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 2013;2(2):487-491.
- Olugbenga-Bello Adenike I., Asekun-Olarinmoye Esther O., Adewole Adefisoye O., Adeomi Adeleye A. Olarewaju Sunday O. Perception, attitude and involvement of men in maternal health care in a Nigerian community. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology. 2013;5(6):266-270.
- Adebimpe Wasiu O Asekun-Olarinmoye Esther O, Hassan Abdul-Wasiu O, Abodunrin Olugbenga L, Olarewaju S. Akindele Akeem A. Treatment Outcomes among Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Tuberculosis Co-Infected Pregnant Women in Resource Poor Settings of South-western Nigeria. Sierra Leone Journal of Biomedical Research. 2011;3(3):151-156.