Courses on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research 2019
The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other partners announces a series of online training courses in the field of sexual and reproductive health and research for 2019.
These courses provide health professionals with knowledge, skills and competencies in sexual and reproductive health, as well as research in this field, especially for those health care providers whose access to learning is limited by time, financial resources or other constraints and for whom access to quality education in the field of sexual and reproductive health is limited. With this training program, participants will learn first-hand about the day-to-day and long-term challenges in the field of sexual and reproductive health and research.
Courses schedule: (Click on the course to access the information on each course and application form)
|Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
|8 weeks (9 September – 4 November 2019)
|12 August 2019
|Research methodology and research protocol development
|8 weeks (11 November 2019 – 05 January 2020)
|14 October 2019
Eligible candidates are health professionals, paramedical staff, project planners and managers in health-related areas and social scientists from all countries.
The teaching language of the course is English. For the preparation of the research project, both English and French can be used. In order to follow the course, however, it is of the utmost importance that the participant’s level of English comprehension is adequate.
- A set of slides with accompanying talking points.
- Reference documents
- Other audio-visual materials
Course validation and certificate
In order to validate the module and obtain the certificate, the participants are required to successfully complete the required assignments for the undertaken course.
1. Submit the completed application form and send the required enclosures by email to the course email address.
- A curriculum vitae, including sections on current and previous positions
- A certified copy of diploma(s)
- A letter of motivation stating clearly your interests and reasons for applying to the Course (1-2 page maximum).
2. Wait for the acceptance notice from the administrative office.