Together for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Morocco
Dr. Bouchra Assarag, MD, MPH, PhD Public Health Science
President of NGO: Together for Sexual and Reproductive Health
Bouchra Assarag is a doctor, she is president of NGO: Association Ensemble pour la SSR (ESSR) “Together for SRH “. She is an active member of civil associations in the field of sexual and reproductive health, women's rights. She had a master's degree in public health from the National Institute of Health Administration (currently ENSP); she has a university degree in STI / HIV (Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy in Rabat). Bouchra has a PhD in public health, specializing in maternal health and quality improvement of maternal and neonatal care.
She participated and coordinated several studies (national study on the burden of HIV: children infected and affected by HIV, the abortion situation in Morocco 2017, and maternal and neonatal sepsis in collaboration with WHO Geneva (2018) and Coordinator of the research project on the barriers to access of HIV-positive women to SRH services in 2019. As a member of teaching staff, she coordinated several courses in sexual and reproductive health including the fight against violence against women and children. She is the Moroccan coordinator of the network of sexual and reproductive health in North and West Africa. She contributes to the planning and implementation of the SRH strategy in Morocco. With the Ministry of Health, she is the coordinator of the training module for PHC providers on SRH and migrant women and participated in the development of the training kit for healthcare providers on the fight against violence against women and children. She has several publications in the field in indexed international journals and member of the Editorial Board of several journals. Her research interests are SRH and access to quality and respectful health care for women and children. She was one of the graduates of the series of courses on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research in year 2021. She was being invited to take part in WHO-GFMER adolescent sexual and reproductive health course - Francophone adaptation project.
- Bouchra Assarag, El Omrani Sanae & Bezad Rachid (2020) Priorities for sexual and reproductive health in Morocco as part of universal health coverage: maternal health as a national priority, Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters, 28:2, 1845426, DOI: 10.1080/26410397.2020.1845426
- Ilham Dahbi, Houda Moumni, Souaad Hassani, Assarag Bouchra, Adnan Tazi: a teaching case-study about an outbreak of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis cases amongst the same family living in a rural area in Morocco, July-2017. Supplement article-Case study, Volume 36 (1): 8. 04 Aug 2020 | 10.11604/pamj.supp.2020.36.1.24760.
- Aline Semaan,Constance Audet,Elise Huysmans,Bosede Afolabi,Bouchra Assarag,Aduragbemi Banke-Thomas,Hannah Blencowe,Séverine Caluwaerts,Oona Maeve Renee Campbell,Francesca L Cavallaro,Leonardo Chavane,Louise Tina Day,Alexandre Delamou,Therese Delvaux,Wendy Jane Graham,Giorgia Gon,Peter Kascak,Mitsuaki Matsui,Sarah Moxon,Annettee Nakimuli,Andrea Pembe,Emma Radovich,Thomas van den Akker,Lenka Benova. Voices from the frontline: findings from a thematic analysis of a rapid online global survey of maternal and newborn health professionals facing the COVID-19 pandemic. BMJ Global Health 2020 ; 5 :e002967. doi : 10.1136/ bmjgh-2020-002967.
- The WHO Global Maternal Sepsis Study (GLOSS) Research Group. Frequency and management of maternal infection in health facilities in 52 countries (GLOSS): a 1-week inception cohort study. Lancet. May 2020. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S2214-109X (20)30109-1.
- Mohannad Al Nsour; Haitham Bashier; Abulwahed Al Serouri; Elfatih Malik; Yousef Khader; Khwaja Saeed; Aamer Ikram, Abdalla Mohammed Abdalla; Abdelmounim Belalia; Bouchra Assarag; Mirza Amir Baig; Sami Almudarra; Kamal Arqoub; Shahd Osman; Ilham Abu-Khader; Dana Shalabi; Yasir Majeed. The Role of the Global Health Development/Eastern Mediterranean Public Health Network and the Eastern Mediterranean Field Epidemiology Training Programs in Preparedness for COVID-19. JMIR PUBLIC HEALTH AND SURVEILLANCE. 2020 ; 6(1):e18503)
- Bettina Utz; Bouchra Assarag; Touria Lekhal;Vincent De BrouwereImplementation of a new program of gestational diabetes screening and management in Morocco: A qualitative exploration of health workers’ perceptions. BMC pregnancychildbirth.2020.
- Bettina Utz, Bouchra Assarag, Tom Smekens, Hassan Ennassiri, Touria Lekhal4, Nawal El Ansari, Bouchra Fakhir, Amina Barkat, Amina Essolbi, Vincent De Brouwere. Detection and initial management of gestational diabetes through primary health care services in Morocco: An effectivenessimplementation trial.Plose ONE.2018
- Acharai Laila, Shible Sahbani, Bezad Rachid, Assarag Bouchra, Yartaoui Hafida.Broad Mobilization for the Recognition of the Couple's Infertility as a Public Health Problem in Morocco. Advances in Reproductive Sciences, Reproductive Health & Infertility. 28 June 2018.
- Bouchra Assarag. La morbidité maternelle du post-partum au Maroc: Une information nécessaire pour une réponse appropriée. Thèse de doctorat en sciences de santé publique. Université Libre de Bruxelles. 2015
- Bouchra Assarag Bruno Dujardin, Amina Essolbi, Imad Cherkaoui,· Vincent De Brouwere. Consequences of severe obstetric complications on women's health in Morocco: Please, listen to me! Aug 2015 · Tropical Medicine & International Health
- Bouchra Assarag Bruno Dujardin, Alexandre Delamou, Fatima-Zahra Meski, Vincent De Brouwere. Determinants of Maternal Near Miss in Morocco: Too Late, Too Far, Too Sloppy? Jan 2015. PLoS ONE.
- Bouchra Assarag Nassiri Khadija, Aicha Kharbach. Les déterminants de l’utilisation de la consultation postnatale à la préfecture de Skhirat-Témara, Maroc. Article in Revue d’Épidémiologie et de Santé Publique 62:S175– S176 · September 2014
- Bouchra Assarag, Dominique Dubourg, Abderrahmane Maaroufi, Bruno Dujardin, · Vincent De Brouwere. Maternal postpartum morbidity in Marrakech: What women feel what doctors diagnose? Dec 2013 · BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Bettina Utz, Bouchra Assarag, Amina Essolbi, Amina Barkat, Nawal El Ansari, Bouchra Fakhir; Alexandre Delamou, Vincent De Brouwere. Improving detection and initial management of gestational diabetes through the primary level of care in Morocco: protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial. Reproductive Health.2017
- Bettina Utz, Bouchra Assarag, Amina Essolbi, Amina Barkat, Vincent De Brouwere Knowledge and practice related to gestational diabetes among primary health care providers in Morocco: potential for a defragmentation of care? Primary Care Diabetes.2017.
- Bettina Utz, Bouchra Assarag, Amina Essolbi, Amina Barkat, Ait Benkadour yassir, Vincent De Brouwere Diagnosis a posteriori ? A situational analysis assessing gestational diabetes screening in Morocco. Global Health Action.2016.
- Jean-Paul Dossou; Bouchra Assarag; Alexandre Delamou; Karen van der Veken; Loubna Belaid; Moctar Ouedraogo; Sonia Khalfallah; Hayet Aouras; Mohamed Diadhiou; Raïmi Fassassi; Thérèse Delvaux. Switching the poles in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research: Implementing a research capacity- strengthening network in West and North Africa. Reproductive Health.2016.
- Carine Ronsmans, Jenny A Cresswell, Sourou Goufodji,Schadrac Agbla, Rasmané Ganaba, BouchraAssarag,OscarTonouhéoua,CheickDiallo, Fatima Zahra Meski, Véronique Filippi. Characteristics of neonatal near-miss in hospitals in Benin, Burkina Faso and Morocco in 2012-2013, Feb 2016 · Tropical Medicine & International Health.
- Jenny A. Cresswell, Bouchra Assarag, Fatima‐Zahra Meski ,·Veronique Filippi, · Carine Ronsmans. Trends in health facility deliveries and caesarean sections by wealth quintile in Morocco between 1987 and 2012. Jan 2015 · Tropical Medicine & International Health.
- Marc-Eric Gruénais, Imane Jroundi, Fatima Zahra Meski, Farida Raïs, Bouchra Assarag, Jalal Kassouati et Soumia Benchekroun : la prise en charge des enfants infectés par le VIH/Sida au Maroc et la marginalisation des enfants et des parents infectés, par le VIH/sida. 2011.
- Marc-Eric Gruenais, Imane Jroundi, Fatima Zahra Meski Farida Rais, Bouchra Assarag, Jalal Kassouati And Soumia Benchekroun, 2011: The management of HIV / AIDS in Morocco and marginalization of infected children.
- Assarag B, V. De Brouwere. Free obstetric care and access to services, what reality in Morocco? Fifty-second symposiums on universal access to care, Institute of Tropical Medicine. Antwerp. 8-10 November 2010.
- Bouchra Assarag. Les besoins et les attentes des adolescents et des jeunes en santé de la reproduction : cas des scolarisés 15-24 ans à la ville de Marrakech. Mémoire pour obtention de la maîtrise en santé en santé publique et administration de la santé intitulé. 2008.