"Family Planning”: An Online Evidence-based Course
Family Planning Guidelines and Tools
June 22, 2022 - Geneva
A. Required reading
Go over the following presentations:
- Overview of WHO family planning documents and guidelines
- Using the 2015 Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraceptive use and the MEC wheel
- Selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use (SPR)
- New methods added to the MEC, 5th Edition
- The WHO postpartum family planning compendium
- Contraceptive eligibility for women at high risk of HIV: WHO guidance statement
- WHO evidence-based guidelines for contraceptive eligibility: Adolescents
- Family planning training resource package
- Ensuring human rights in the provision of contraceptive information and services: Guidance and recommendations
- Contraception and human rights: Rights based quality of care and monitoring in contraceptive programmes (Module 1 Session 5 presentation, please read it again)
- WHO family planning guidelines - Family Planning - A global handbook for providers
- Complete and submit your answers to the multiple-choice questions (MCQs) for the module. You will receive the link to the MCQs by email.
- Complete and submit your group assignment.
Additional online resources
- Contraceptive eligibility for women at high risk of HIV. WHO; 2019.
- Ensuring human rights in the provision of contraceptive information and services. Guidance and recommendations. World Health Organization; 2014.
- Ensuring human rights within contraceptive service delivery. Implementation guide. UNFPA and World Health Organization; 2015.
- Ensuring human rights within contraceptive programmes. A human rights analysis of existing quantitative indicators. World Health Organization; 2014.
- Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (3rd Edition, 2018). WHO; 2018.
- Framework for ensuring human rights in the provision of contraceptive information. WHO; 2014.
- Implementation Guide for the Medical Eligibility Criteria and Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use Guidelines. WHO; 2018.
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use app.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use, Fifth edition. WHO; 2015.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria Wheel for Contraceptive Use. WHO; 2015.
- Quality of care in contraceptive information and services, based on human rights standards: a checklist for health care providers. World Health Organization; 2017.
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (3rd edition 2016). WHO, 2016
- Training Resource Package for Family Planning
- WHO Postpartum Family Planning Compendium
- WHO Family planning/contraception methods: Key facts
- WHO Contraception