Ayah Al Bizri
GFMER Coordinator for Lebanon
Ayah Al Bizri, MPH
Research Assistant, National Collaborative Perinatal Neonatal Network, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
I graduated from the American University of Beirut with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Master’s degree in Public Health with a concentration in epidemiology and biostatistics in 2010 and 2013 respectively. Since my graduation I have worked at the National Collaborative Perinatal Neonatal Network (NCPNN) at the American University of Beirut. The Network concentrates on preconception, pregnancy and neonatal health quality of care though conducting research, developing surveillance systems and implementation of awareness campaigns. Through my work at the NCPNN I have been exposed to different components of the reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) continuum of care. I had the opportunity to participate in the 2014 Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research and attend the September 2015 Intensive training in WHO Geneva and I hope to continue to expand my knowledge in the field of reproductive health.
Published papers and abstracts
- El Rafei, R., Abbas, H. A., Charafeddine, L., Nakad, P., Al Bizri, A., Hamod, D., & Yunis, K. A. (2015). Association of Pre‐Pregnancy Body Mass Index and Gestational Weight Gain with Preterm Births and Fetal Size: an Observational Study from Lebanon. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology.
- Hamod D, Zeidan S, Al Bizri A, Baaklini G, Nassif Y. Evaluation of Ultrasound-Guided Central Line Insertion in Preterm Neonates: A Prospective Study. In 2015 AAP National Conference and Exhibition. American Academy of Pediatrics, Washington DC, October, 2015 (Poster)
- Al Bizri, Ayah. Workplace Wellness across the Lifespan: A Project for Promoting the Health and Birth Outcomes of Young Workers in Low-and Middle-Income Countries - Lebanon. 7th International Conference on Birth Defects and Disabilities in the Developing World, Tanzania, September, 2015 (Oral presentation)
- Charafeddine L, Al Bizri A, El Rafei R, Awwad J, Adra A, Yunis K. The Risk of Birth Defects after Conception with ICSI. American Pediatric Academic Societies’ Annual Meeting, Washington DC, May 2013 (Poster)
- Yunis K, Al Bizri A, El Rafei R, Charafeddine L, Falakha G, Tleis F, Nassar A,. Neonatal Outcomes Following Primary Elective Cesarean Section in a Middle Income Country: Results from the National Collaborative Perinatal Neonatal Network (NCPNN). American Pediatric Academic Societies’ Annual Meeting, San Diego, April 25-28, 2015 (Poster)