Reproductive Health in Uganda
Public Health Specialist: Reproductive Health
Dr. Robinah Najjemba is Project Coordinator at the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research. She is a Medical doctor with a Masters Degree of Public Health of Makerere University, Uganda. She is Ugandan with 10 years experience of teaching both Medical and Allied Health Sciences Under and Post graduate students at Makerere University School of Public Health, in areas of Reproductive Health. While at the School of Public Health, She served in various positions of responsibility which included Field Coordination of the Master of Public Health Program, Organization of International and National Conferences, Development of curricula for University Academic programs as well as Short courses for health professionals. As a lecturer she has coordinated Academic courses, taught and guided students during Research proposal development, data collection and report writing.
She successfully led a team of technical officers that developed Messages and for HIV/AIDS Prevention Campaigns program for the Academic Alliance for AIDS Care and Prevention Africa (2003-2005).
Her key achievements are mentoring postgraduate students in Public health, Curricula development of courses for health professionals, Community based Research in Reproductive Health and HIV-AIDS, Coordination of Training Programs and Research projects, Organizing Workshops and Meetings.
Why join GFMER
To contribute to the enhancement of knowledge and practices of Health Practitioners from developing countries in area of Reproductive Health through Training, Research, Collaboration with National and International Organizations and Dissemination of Reproductive Health information so that they are able to contribute to betterment of the Reproductive Health of the population.
Aim of the Webpage
To collect and document internet based articles about the Reproductive Health status in Uganda in Collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other collaborating Institutions so that the information can be readily accessed by any interested parties.
- Assessing the influence of teenage mothers marital status on their essential maternal health care practices and outcomes - Olivia Kiconco
- Home versus hospital management for placenta previa: A systematic review of the literature - Paul Kiondo
- Maternal mortality - Robinah Najjemba
- Measuring maternal mortality - Robinah Najjemba
- The prevalence of HPV in HIV positive women at St Raphael of St Francis Hospital, Nsambya 2007 - Herman Sempewo
- The prevalence of syphilis and pregnancy outcome among HIV infected pregnant women attending antenatal syphilis screening program at IDI, Uganda - Gertrude Namale
- What is the magnitude of previous exposures to ARVs among women in PMTCT at Nsambya Hospital? - Pius Okong
- Ministry of Health, The Republic of Uganda
- Makerere University College of Health Sciences
- WHO - Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Medical schools, governments, ministries, medical associations : Uganda
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Chemin du Grand-Montfleury 48
1290 Versoix - Switzerland
|Phone||+41 (0)22 3467716|
|Fax||+41 (0)22 3467834|