Systematic review and implementation research
October 12, 2022 - Geneva
A. Required readings
- Go over the presentation: Systematic review - Karim Abawi.
- Watch the following videos:
- What are systematic reviews? (Cochrane, 3:23 mins)
- Introduction to Systematic Reviews (Cochrane Austria, 5:49 mins)
- Features and benefits of a systematic review (Cochrane, 1:49 mins)
- Steps of a Systematic Review (Cochrane Austria, 9:33 mins)
- Fundamentals of systematic literature searching (Cochrane Austria, 5:38 mins)
- Boolean Operators (Cochrane Austria, 5 mins)
- Subject Headings (Cochrane Austria, 5:25 mins)
- Part 1: Difference between systematic reviews and rapid reviews (Cochrane Training, 4:43 mins)
- Study section 11.15 ‘Writing a secondary scientific paper’ (pages 145 to 146) and section 14.3.3 Cochrane Collaboration (pages 176 to 177) of the document: Fathalla MF, Fathalla MM. A practical guide for health researchers (WHO Regional Publications, Eastern Mediterranean. Series 30). WHO; 2004.
- Go over the presentation: Implementation research - Melaku Samuel, Ambaw Belete.
- Watch the following videos by NCD Course:
- Section Overview: Introduction to Implementation Research for NCDs (Key Concepts) (2:57 mins)
- Conceptual Model for Implementation Research (6:38 mins)
- Specifying Implementation Strategies (3:28 mins)
- Implementation Strategies by Level of Intervention (3:05 mins)
- How to Finance Implementation Research (6:43 mins)
Complete and submit the short paperwork assignment.
Relevant online resources
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- The Campbell Collaboration
- The Centre for Evidence-based Medicine
- The Joanna Briggs Institute
- What makes a good systematic review? (Webinar, Cochrane UK)
- Cochrane SA webinar: Identifying and refining questions for systematic reviews (Webinar, Cochrane South Africa)
- Cochrane SA Webinar Developing a search strategy for systematic reviews (Webinar, Cochrane South Africa)
- Introduction to GRADE (Video, Cochrane Austria)
- Selecting outcomes (Video, Cochrane Austria)
- PRISMA 2020: updated guidelines for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses (Video, Cochrane Training)
- Visit Cochrane Interactive Learning (free online modules on systematic review) and Cochrane Training (Cochrane YouTube video channel) for more online resources
- Implementation research toolkit
- 03 WHO Training Part I Day 1 - Implementation Outcomes (Walker) (UTHealth Institute for Implementation Science)
- Cross-sectoral Learning in Implementation Research (Webinar, UNICEF)
- Implementation Research Training Framework 2.0 (Webinar, United Nations University International Institute of Global Health (UNU-IIGH))
- Fathalla MF, Fathalla MM. A practical guide for health researchers (WHO Regional Publications, Eastern Mediterranean. Series 30). WHO; 2004.
- Peters DH, Tran N, Adam T, Ghaffar A. Implementation research in health: a practical guide. Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research, World Health Organization, 2013.