Management of FGM-related complications
April 5, 2023 - Geneva
- Watch the video presentation titled: Management of FGM-related immediate & short-term health complications. Alternatively go over the slide set.
- Go over the slide set titled: Management of FGM-related gynaecological and urogynaecological complications.
- Go over the slide set titled: Management of mental health and sexual health complications.
- Go over the slide set titled: Caring for women with FGM during pregnancy, labour, and postpartum.
- Complete and submit your paperwork assignment. You will find the assignment for this week’s module at this link:
- World Health Organization. Female genital mutilation: integrating the prevention and the management of the health complications into the curricula of nursing and midwifery: a teacher’s guide. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- WHO guidelines on the management of health complications from female genital mutilation. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2016.
- World Health Organization. Care of women and girls living with female genital mutilation: a clinical handbook. WHO; 2018.
- World Health Organization. Person-centred communication for female genital mutilation prevention: a facilitator’s guide for training health-care providers. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2022.
Additional learning resources