Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2012
Community genetics module - Prevention strategies and research
- Community genetics - Hanan Hamamy
- Primary prevention of congenital disorders - Hanan Hamamy
- Periconception care and primary prevention of neural-tube defects and other congenital abnormalities by periconceptional folic acid/ multivitamin supplementation - Andrew Czeizel
- Epidemiology, care and prevention of hemoglobinopathies - Nasir Al-Allawi
- Rational for birth defect registry, surveillance and monitoring based on the Hungarian experiences - Andrew Czeizel
- Research priorities in integrating community genetic services in primary care settings - Hanan Hamamy
- Scientific research. Writing for publication: steps for novice writers - Hanan Hamamy
Evaluation: with the help of the presentation on how to write and publish your research, write a short manuscript of not more than 1000 words on any of the topics listed above related to the prerequisites and pillars for community genetic services.
Those that are given to the presentations and the relevant WHO documents:
- WHO. Birth defects. Report by the Secretariat. Geneva: WHO; 2010.
- WHO. Medical genetic services in developing countries: The Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of genetic testing and screening. Geneva: WHO; 2006.
- Indiana State Department of Health. An Introduction to Indiana’s Newborn Screening Program
- Newborn screening: Ontario’s expanded screening program