Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
Abimbola Kolawole, MBBS, MPH, FWACS
Lecturer, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
Abimbola Kolawole is a lecturer in department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. She is currently involved in clinical, teaching, research and community service. Her specific areas of interest in Reproductive health include gynaecological cancer epidemiology and prevention; maternal mortality, contraception and gender issues.
Publications in journals
- Kolawole AO, Zayyan MS, Onwuhafua PI. Heterotopic gestation with subsequent live birth in a Jehovah s Witness: a case report. Niger J Clin Pract. 2010 Jun;13(2):223-4.
- Amina M-D, Oladapo S, Habib S, Adebola O, Bimbo K, Daniel A. Prevalence of rubella IgG antibodies among pregnant women in Zaria, Nigeria. International Health. 2010 Jun;2(2):156-9.
- Kolawole AO. Implementing comprehensive sexuality education for Nigerian adolescents beyond the ‘ABC approach’. Tropical Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2010 Aug; 27(2).
- Kolawole AO, van de Kwaak A. A review of determinants of female genital mutilation in Nigeria. Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2010 Dec;1(11):510-5. Available from: http://www.interesjournals.org/JMMS/Pdf/2010/December/Kolawole%20%20and%20Anke.pdf
- Kolawole AO. Feasible cancer control strategies for Nigeria: mini-review. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Public Health. 2011 Jun;1(1):1-10. Available from: http://www.sciencedomain.org/download.php?f=1308064748-Published_Kolawle_2011ATMPH303.pdf&aid=117
- Oguntayo O, Zayyan M, Kolawole A, Adewuyi S, Ismail H, Koledade K. Cancer of the cervix in Zaria, Northern Nigeria. Ecancermedicalscience. 2011;5:219. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3223952/
- Kolawole AOD. Patent rights and essential medicines in developing countries: is access compromised for innovation in Nigeria? Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2012 Mar;3(3):130-4. Available from: http://interesjournals.org/JMMS/Pdf/2012/March/Kolawole.pdf
- Kolawole AO. Cervical cancer prevention in Nigeria: issues arising. The Internet Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2012; 16(1). Available from: http://www.ispub.com/journal/the-internet-journal-of-genomics-and-proteomics/volume-6-issue-2/1068986224cervical-cancer-prevention-in-nigeria-issues-arising.html