Amaka Ngozi Ocheke
Jos University Teaching Hospital, University of Jos, Nigeria
Amaka Ngozi Ocheke, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Lecturer/Consultant, University of Jos, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
Fellow, West African College of Surgeons
Born in Abidjan, graduated from the University of Port Harcourt and did my specialist training in Ob/gyn at the Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria. Married with 4 children, a lecturer and consultant at the University of Jos and the Jos University Teaching Hospital respectively. Areas of interest include reproductive health, adolescent gynaecology and reproductive endocrinology.
Publications in journals
- Ocheke A.N., Musa J, Ekwempu C.C. The Impact of HIV/AIDS Epidemic on the Choice of Specialties among Medical Students and House officers in Jos, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Medicine. 2008; 17:201-4.
- Ocheke A.N., Ekwempu C.C., Musa J. Underutilization of vaginal hysterectomy and its impact on residency training. West African Journal of Medicine. 2009; 28:323-6.
- Swende TZ, Ocheke A, Mohammed H. Forgotten Intrauterine Contraceptive Device: A rare cause of infertility. Nigerian Journal of Medicine. 2009; 18:420-1.
- Ekwempu CC, Ocheke AN, Uba FA. A 10 year audit of gynaecological surgeries performed in the paediatric age group at the Jos University Teaching Hospital. African Journal of paediatric surgery. 2010; 7:178-80.
- Ocheke AN, Umar NI, Silas OA, Tanko NM, Mutihir JT. Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma of the cervix. African Journal of paediatric surgery. 2011; 8: 95-7.
- Agaba PA, Ocheke AN, Akanbi MO, Daniyam CA, Ugoya SO, Okeke EN, Agaba EI. Health seeking behaviour of physicians at the Jos University Teaching Hospital. Nigerian Medical Journal. 2011; 52:90-4.
- Agaba EI, Daniyam CA, Agaba PA, Ocheke AN, Uhunmwangho CU, Akanbi MO, Okeke EN. Physician knowledge and practices of urethral catheterization in Jos, Nigeria. Journal of Medicine in the tropics. 2011; 13:90-4.
- Akanbi MO, Ocheke AN, Agaba PA, Daniyam CA, Agaba EI, Okeke EN, Ukoli CO. Use o electronic health records in sub-Saharan Africa: Progress and challenges. Journal of Medicine in the Tropics. 2011; 14:1-6.
- Ocheke AN, Musa J. An audit of diagnosis and management of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Journal of Medicine in the Tropics. 2011; 14:49-52.
- Ocheke AN, Musa J, Uamai AO. Hydatidiform mole in Jos, Nigeria. Niger Med J. 2011; 52:223-6.