Reaching adolescents through their peers
September 25, 2013 - Geneva
Chandra-Mouli V. Reaching adolescents through their peers. Paper presented at: Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research; 2013 Sep 25; Geneva. Available from: https://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2013/adolescent-health/Reaching-adolescents-through-their-peers-Chandra-Mouli-2013.htm
- Matsinhe J. Programa Geracao Biz. Investing in youth: The story of a national sexual and reproductive health programme for adolescents and youth in Mozambique. UNFPA, Maputo. 2011. Available from: http://mozambique.unfpa.org/drive/INVESTING_IN_YOUTH__17_10_2011web.pdf
- List three messages you take away from this module.
Based on the Mozambique case study, list three points of advice that you would give a national HIV/Reproductive Health programme manager who is putting in place a peer-led education programme.
- Harden A, Oakley A, Oliver S. Peer-delivered health promotion for young people: A systematic review of different study designs. Health Educ J. 2001;60(4):339-53. Available from: http://hej.sagepub.com/content/60/4/339.full.pdf+html
- Medley A, Kennedy C, O'Reilly K, Sweat M. Effectiveness of peer education interventions for HIV prevention in developing countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS Education and Prevention. 2009;21(3):181-206. Available from: http://guilfordjournals.com/doi/pdf/10.1521/aeap.2009.21.3.181
- Kim CR, Free C. Recent evaluations of the Peer-Led approach in adolescent sexual health education: A systematic review. Perspectives on sexual and reproductive health. 2008;40(3):144-51. Available from: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3408908.pdf
- Maticka-Tyndale E, Barnett JP. Peer-led interventions to reduce HIV risk of youth: A review. Eval Program Plann. 2010;33(2):98-112.
- Tolli M. Effectiveness of peer education interventions for HIV prevention, adolescent pregnancy prevention and sexual health promotion for young people: A systematic review of European studies. Health Educ Res. 2012;27(5):904-13. Available from: http://her.oxfordjournals.org/content/27/5/904.long