Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2013 - List of participants - GFMER members pages
Adebode Daniel Adekanle
Lautech Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Adebode Daniel Adekanle, MBBS, MSc, FWACS
Senior lecturer, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences College of Health Sciences, Osogbo, Osun State
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Lautech Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Dr. Adebode Daniel Adekanle was born on the 10th of January 1966. He graduated from University of Ibadan, Nigeria, in 1994, with Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), was admitted to West African College of Surgeons in sub-speciality of obstetrics & gynaecology in 2004 and obtained a Master in Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, in 2006. He was appointed as a Lecturer 1 in 2004 at the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Osogbo, Nigeria, and consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, LAUTECH Teaching hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria. He is currently a Senior lecturer and consultant to the same institution.
Publications in journals
- Okunola OO, Ayodele OE, Adekanle AD. Acute kidney injury requiring hemodialysis in the tropics. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2012 Nov;23(6):1315-9.
- Adeyemi AS, Adekanle DA. Progestogen-only injectable contraceptive: experience of women in Osogbo, southwestern Nigeria. Ann Afr Med. 2012 Mar;11(1):27-31.
- Kolawole OM, Wahab AA, Adekanle DA, Sibanda T, Okoh AI. Seroprevalence of hepatitis B surface antigenemia and its effects on hematological parameters in pregnant women in Osogbo, Nigeria. Virol J. 2012;9317.
- Fawole AO, Sotiloye OS, Hunyinbo KI, Umezulike AC, Okunlola MA, Adekanle DA, Osamor J, Adeyanju O, Olowookere OO, Adekunle AO, Singata M, Mangesi L, Hofmeyr GJ. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of misoprostol and routine uterotonics for the prevention of postpartum hemorrhage. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2011 Feb;112(2):107-11.
- Olugbenga-Bello AI, Adekanle DA, Ojofeitimi EO, Adeomi AA. Barrier contraception among adolescents and young adults in a tertiary institution in Southwestern Nigeria: a cross-sectional descriptive study. Int J Adolesc Med Health. 2010 Jun;22(2):321-9.
- Fawole AO, Adekanle DA, Hunyinbo KI. Utilization of the partograph in primary health care facilities in southwestern Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2010 Jun;13(2):200-4.
- Adeyemi AS, Adekanle DA, Afolabi AF. Pattern of gynaecological consultations at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital. Niger J Clin Pract. 2009 Mar;12(1):47-50.
- Fawole AO, Hunyinbo KI, Adekanle DA. Knowledge and utilization of the partograph among obstetric care givers in south west Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2008 Apr;12(1):22-9.
- Adeyemi AS, Adekanle DA, Komolafe JO. Pattern of contraceptives choice among the married women attending the family planning clinic of a tertiary health institution. Niger J Med. 2008 Mar;17(1):67-70.
- Adekanle DA, Adeyemi AS, Fadero FF. Booking status and caesarean section outcome in LAUTECH teaching Hospital, Osogbo. Niger J Med. 2008 Mar;17(1):25-8.
- Adekanle DA, Bello TO, Odu OO. Predictors of request for antenatal sex determination among pregnant women in Osogbo, Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2007 Dec;16(4):322-5.
- Oladapo OT, Adekanle DA, Durojaiye BO. Maternal risk factors associated with fetal death during antenatal care in low-resource tertiary hospitals. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Oct;47(5):383-8.
- Adeyemi AS, Adekanle DA. Knowledge and attitude of female health workers towards prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell disease. Niger J Med. 2007 Sep;16(3):268-70.
- Taiwo SS, Adesiji YO, Adekanle DA. Screening for syphilis during pregnancy in Nigeria: a practice that must continue. Sex Transm Infect. 2007 Aug;83(5):357-8.
- Ogunro PS, Adekanle DA, Fadero FF, Ogungbamigbe TO, Oninla SO. Prevalence of anti-hepatitis C virus antibodies in pregnant women and their offspring in a tertiary hospital in Southwestern Nigeria. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2007;1(3):333-6.
- Olayemi O, Adekanle DA, Aimakhu CO, Adeniji AO, Udoh ES, Ogunowo TO. Blood loss at fibroids surgery: myomectomy versus total abdominal hysterectomy. Trop Doct. 2005 Jul;35(3):171-2.