Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2013 - List of participants - GFMER members pages
Adewale Olufemi Ashimi
Federal Medical Centre Birnin Kudu, Jigawa State, Nigeria
Adewale Olufemi Ashimi, Fellow West African College of Surgeons, Master of Public Health, Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery
Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, Federal Medical Centre Birnin Kudu, Jigawa State, Nigeria
Dr. Adewale Olufemi Ashimi graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University (formerly Ogun State University) in 1996 with Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery and obtained a Master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Glasgow in 2008. He became a fellow of the West African College of Surgeons in 2009 and presently works at the Federal Medical Centre Birnin Kudu, Jigawa State, Nigeria as a Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist.
Publications in journals
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi AO. Grand multiparity: obstetric performance in Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011 Mar;14(1):6–9.
- Ashimi AO, Cobbe SM, Pell JP. Scottish survey of public place defibrillators. Scott Med J. 2010 Aug;55(3):8–10.
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi OA. Non-emergency hysterectomy: why the aversion? Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009 Dec;280(6):953–9.
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi A, Adeleke S. Spontaneous pre-labour rupture of membranes at term: immediate versus delayed induction of labour. West Afr J Med. 2009 May;28(3):156–60.
- Mohammed AZ, Uzoho CC, Galadanci HS, Ashimi A. Ruptured tubal gestation: an unusual presentation of Schistosoma haematobium infection of the fallopian tube. Trop Doct. 2004 Jan;34(1):48–9.