Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2013 - List of participants - GFMER members pages
University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
Cyril Dim, Certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MSc in International Health
Senior Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology/Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, Nigeria
Honorary Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
Cyril Dim is a senior lecturer at the College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, and an honorary consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria. In addition to his certification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, he holds a European MSc in International Health (study track: Health Research Methods). He is a Technical Committee member of the ongoing 2012 National HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Survey (NARHS PLUS) of Nigeria, where he contributed to the protocol design, field work supervision, and data reporting. Dr. Dim is interested in female reproductive health promotion and research, especially in the areas of cervical cancer prevention. He initiated the concept of “Provider Initiated Cervical Cancer Counselling and Testing (PICCT)” which hopes to encourage wider coverage of cervical cancer screening in settings without a national protocol. He was part of the team that identified the top five priority implementation research questions in Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) in 2011, for the WHO/Health Ministry of Nigeria. Dr. Dim has several journal publications and conference presentations to his name. He received the Erasmus Mundus scholarship of the European Commission in 2009/10, and he is the recipient of the 2013 Emeritus Prof. Nwokolo Award for Excellence in Academics and Medical Practice from the College of Medicine, University of Nigeria. He is happily married with three children.
Publications in journals indexed in PubMed
- Dim CC, Ugwu EO, Iloghalu EI. Duration and determinants of inter-birth interval among women in Enugu, south-eastern Nigeria. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013 Feb;33(2):175-9.
- Nwagha UI, Iyare EE, Ejezie FE, Ogbodo SO, Dim CC, Anyaehie BU. Parity related changes in obesity and some antioxidant vitamins in non-pregnant women of South-Eastern Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2012 Dec;15(4):380-4.
- Dim CC, Okafor C, Ikeme AC, Anyahie BU. Diabetes mellitus in pregnancy: an update on the current classification and management. Niger J Med. 2012 Dec;21(4):371-6.
- Ezugwu EC, Agu P, Ohayi SAM, Okeke TC, Dim CC, Obi SN. HIV sero-prevalence among pregnant women in a resource constrained setting, South East Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2012 Sep;21(3):338-42.
- Dim CC. Towards improving cervical cancer screening in Nigeria: a review of the basics of cervical neoplasm and cytology. Niger J Clin Pract. 2012 Sep;15(3):247-52.
- Ajah LO, Eze MI, Dim CC, Ezegwui HU, Nkwo PO, Eluke CC, Okoro OS, Dinwoke V. Placenta percreta in a booked multiparous woman with minimal risk factors and challenges of management in a low resource setting. Niger J Med. 2012 Sep;21(3):359-60.
- Dim CC, Akogu SP, Ezegwui HU, Olusina DB. Leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata in a Nigerian woman. Niger Med J. 2012 Jul;53(3):172-4.
- Dim CC. Declining uptake of HIV testing among tuberculosis patients in Enugu state of Nigeria: the need for a reappraisal of strategy. Niger J Clin Pract. 2012 Jun;15(2):206-9.
- Ugwu EOV, Dim CC, Okonkwo CD, Nwankwo TO. Maternal and perinatal outcome of severe pre-eclampsia in Enugu, Nigeria after introduction of Magnesium sulfate. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011 Dec;14(4):418-21.
- Nwagha UI, Ogbodo SO, Nwogu-Ikojo EE, Ibegbu DM, Ejezie FE, Nwagha TU, Dim CC. Copper and selenium status of healthy pregnant women in Enugu, southeastern Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011 Dec;14(4):408-12.
- Dim CC, Ezegwui HU, Ikeme AC, Nwagha UI, Onyedum CC. Prevalence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions among HIV-positive women in Enugu, South-eastern Nigeria. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011 Nov;31(8):759-62.
- Dim CC, Dim NR, Morkve O. Tuberculosis: a review of current concepts and control programme in Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2011 Jun;20(2):200-6.
- Nwagha UI, Okeke TC, Nwagha TU, Ejezie FE, Ogbodo SO, Dim CC, Anyaehie BU. Asymptomatic malaria parasitemia does not induce additional oxidative stress in pregnant women of South East Nigeria. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011 Mar;4(3):229-33.
- Dim CC, Ikeme AC, Ezegwui HU, Nwagha UI. Labor support: an overlooked maternal health need in Enugu, south-eastern Nigeria. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2011 Mar;24(3):471-4.
- Ezegwui HU, Nwogu-Ikojo EE, Enwereji JO, Dim CC. HIV serostatus disclosure pattern among pregnant women in Enugu, Nigeria. J Biosoc Sci. 2009 Nov;41(6):789-98.
- Dim CC, Nwagha UI, Ezegwui HU, Dim NR. The need to incorporate routine cervical cancer counselling and screening in the management of women at the outpatient clinics in Nigeria. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009 Nov;29(8):754-6.
- Dim CC, Agu PU, Dim NR, Ikeme AC. Adenomyosis and uterine rupture during labour in a primigravida: an unusual obstetric emergency in Nigeria. Trop Doct. 2009 Oct;39(4):250-1.
- Dim CC, Ekwe E, Madubuko T, Dim NR, Ezegwui HU. Improved awareness of Pap smear may not affect its use in Nigeria: a case study of female medical practitioners in Enugu, southeastern Nigeria. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009 Aug;103(8):852-4.
- Dim CC. Acute uterine inversion in a rural African woman: a rare consequence of child birth. Women Birth. 2009 Mar;22(1):25-7.
- Dim CC, Dim NR, Ezegwui HU, Ikeme AC. An unmet cancer screening need of HIV-positive women in southeastern Nigeria. Medscape J Med. 2009;11(1):19.
- Dim CC, Umeh UA, Ezegwui HU, Ikeme AC. Uterine procidentia in an African adolescent: an uncommon gynecological challenge. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2008 Feb;21(1):37-9.
- Dim CC, Onah HE. The prevalence of anemia among pregnant women at booking in Enugu, South Eastern Nigeria. MedGenMed. 2007;9(3):11.