General Hospital "Borka Taleski", Prilep, Republic of Macedonia
Gabriela Tavchioska, BSc, MSc in Pediatrics
Pediatrician, Department of Pediatrics, General Hospital "Borka Taleski", Prilep, Macedonia FYR
Société coopérative médicale de Beaulieu scholarship
I graduated from the Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje with a BSc degree in Medicine. In 2008, I started a specialization in pediatrics. During the specialization I took part in many courses, meetings and schools where I’ve enriched my knowledge in pediatrics, and public health as well (OMI Salzburg Seminars on General Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology, GFMER Sexual and reproductive health course 2010, Summer School on ”Public health approach to health of newborn, child and adolescent” in Trieste, 9th Advanced HIV/AIDS Course in Aix-en Province, 24th Meeting of European Academy of Child Disability in Istanbul, Summer School on Public Health Policy, Economics and Management in Lugano, Training courses in pediatric neurology in Sarajevo, Intensive training course at Pediatric Clinic in Zagreb, etc).
In 2011, I obtained a master’s degree at the Medical Faculty in Skopje. The title of my thesis was “Application of clinical system for prediction of risk for early neonatal mortality in General Hospital, Prilep”.
Through my employment history, I gained experiences at all levels of the health system in my country (primary, secondary and tertiary). Driven by a high interest in pediatric neurology and neonatology, I became a member of professional associations such as the European Pediatric Neurology Society, the European Academy of Child Disability, the International Child Neurology Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Mountain walking and classical music are my favorite hobbies.
Publications in journals
- Tavcioska G. Preventing childhood obesity through physical activity and healthy eating. Pediatric Oncall Journal. 2009.
- Zisovska E, Lazarevska L, Pehcevska N, Tavcioska G. Tobacco influence on the neonatal outcome. Italian Journal of Public Health. 2012 May 14;7(3): Available from: http://ijphjournal.it/article/view/5707
- Tavcioska G, Kocoska B, Papazovska-Cherepnalkovski A. PP-277. Determinants of perinatal mortality in Prilep General Hospital. Early Human Development. 2010 Nov;86S127–S127.
- Hasani A, Piperkova K, Pota L, Kocevska SP, Cherepnalkovski AP, Aluloska NN, Tavcioska G, Stojanovic V. PP-313. Uncommon anomaly in newborns-aplasid cutis congenita: A report of two cases. Early Human Development. 2010 Nov;86S141–S141.
- Zisovska E, Trajkovska K, Tavcioska G, Dvojakov I. Frequency of newborn’s risk factors. Vox Medici. 2011.
- Tavcioska G. Incidence of congenital cardiopathy in secondary level hospital settings. Facts, Views & Vision in ObsGyn. 2011.
- Duma F, Tavcioska G. Early epileptic syndrome: a case presentation. Mac Med Review. 2011.
- Tavcioska G, Zisovska E. Early neonatal death due to intracranial haemorrhage: Can it be predicted? Developmental medicine and child neurology. 2012.