Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2013 - List of participants - GFMER members pages
Fekadu Mazengia Alemu
Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery, Juba, South Sudan
Fekadu Mazengia Alemu, RM, BSc, MPH
Volunteer Tutor, Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery, Juba, South Sudan
Fekadu was born in rural Northeast Ethiopia. He obtained a Diploma in Midwifery from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia in 1999, a BSc in Nursing from Jimma University in 2004 and a Master of Public Health - Reproductive Health Specialization from Addis Ababa University in 2008. He was a lecturer at Gondar University, and is a volunteer tutor at Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery, South Sudan.
In 2009, he received an award for Best Lecturer from the Ethiopian Quality Assurance Agency and Jhpiego Ethiopia.
He is a member of the Research Advisory Network (RAN) of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM). He is also a member of the Ethiopian Midwives Association, and of the Ethiopian Public Health Association.
Publications in journals
- Mazengia F, Worku A. Age at sexual initiation and factors associated with it among youths in North East Ethiopia, Ethiop. J. Health Dev. 2009;23(2):154-62.
- Teferra AS, Alemu FM, Woldeyohannes SM. Institutional delivery service utilization and associated factors among mothers who gave birth in the last 12 months in Sekela District, north west of Ethiopia: a community-based cross sectional study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2012;1274.
- Getahun F, Mazengia F, Abuhay M, Birhanu Z. Comprehensive knowledge about cervical cancer is low among women in Northwest Ethiopia. BMC Cancer. 2013;132.
- Juba School of Nursing & Midwifery
- International Day of the Midwife, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Fekadu Mazengia Alemu - GFMER picture of the week