"Family Planning”: An Online Evidence-based Course
June 21, 2021 - Geneva
A. Required reading
Go over the following presentations:
- Contraceptive methods: overview
- Global overview on Long-acting reversible contraception (LARC): prevalence, access, trends
- Contraceptive methods Part 1 - Combined hormonal contraceptives
- Contraceptive methods Part 2 - Progestogen-only contraceptives
- Contraceptive methods Part 3
- Contraceptive methods Part 4
- Complete and submit your answers to the multiple-choice questions (MCQs) for the module. You will receive the link to the MCQs by email.
- Complete and submit the short paperwork assignment.
Additional online resources
- Contraceptive Use by Method 2019: Data Booklet (ST/ESA/SER.A/435). United Nations; 2019.
- Contraception: Evidence brief. World Health Organization; 2019.
- Contraception. World Health Organization; 2021.
- Emergency contraception: Key facts. World Health Organization; 2018 Feb 02
- Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (3rd Edition, 2018). WHO; 2018.
- Family planning/contraception methods. Key facts. World Health Organization; 2020.
- Implementation Guide for the Medical Eligibility Criteria and Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use Guidelines. WHO; 2018.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use, Fifth edition. WHO; 2015
- Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use Executive Summary (5th Edition 2015). WHO; 2015.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria Wheel for Contraceptive Use. WHO; 2015.
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (3rd edition 2016). WHO, 2016.
- Training Resource Package for Family Planning